Thanks to the forum

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    Although I don't post often, I do read a lot here. The forum may have helped me today.
    I was outside when a van pulled up. A young girl(early 20's) came up to me asking about cleaning our floors free. She wanted to come in to check them. Because of some of the stories I've read here, I wouldn't let her in, and told her I wasn't interested. In the past I was very trusting of strangers, but now I'm more wary.
    Thanks, y'all may have saved me from a robbbery.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    It hasn't helped enough. You should have called the police and gotten that scum off the streets. Or did you? *fingers crossed*

dwsonar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Lockport
    No, I guess I should have. She and the guy in the van didn't look like scum. They did have a flyer, so maybe they were legit. After they left, I thought I should have gotten a plate number.
    Guess I'm still too trusting.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    True you have to be careful but times are hard for some and so they are looking for ways to make extra money.
    A young man came up to my in-laws home and asked about trimming some trees over their house. I was leary about it but they showed up the next day and conducted themselves in a professional manner and did what they said they would do.
    I guess my point is that not everyone are trying to steal from you, trust your instincts and be careful.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    the cleaning for free, usually is a crew from out of town that are in a halfway house program that sells some green or orange bio safe cleaner or some overly expensive vacuum.

They are usually some type of troubled teen or adult who is taking advantage of them.. do not trust them..

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Anyone can go to Kinko's and print up flyers. One of the biggest neighborhood scams around is putting up flyers on doors advertising to paint your address on the curb. They always point out how much better response time the cops, fire, EMS will have if they can read your address painted so nicely.

Except that they're actually getting "at home" data for the neighborhood.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    True you have to be careful but times are hard for some and so they are looking for ways to make extra money.
    A young man came up to my in-laws home and asked about trimming some trees over their house. I was leary about it but they showed up the next day and conducted themselves in a professional manner and did what they said they would do.
    I guess my point is that not everyone are trying to steal from you, trust your instincts and be careful.

Best advice for 2012; Assume they are and be pleasantly pleased if they don't!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    At the very least, it would have been nice for you to have provided us with some hi-resolution pictures of the young woman....Being able to quickly identify her would be an invaluable tool in thrwarting her routine right from the start. :dunno:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    At the very least, it would have been nice for you to have provided us with some hi-resolution pictures of the young woman....Being able to quickly identify her would be an invaluable tool in thrwarting her routine right from the start. :dunno:

+1

Top Bottom