Looking for a new job

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I enjoy what I do now but there just is not enough money in it for me. I am trying to get my life together, buy a house and have a career where I have a future. I
    feel like I am just spinning in circles in the job I have now. I have warehouse experience about 6 years worth of operating forklifts, pallet jacks, and stock pickers. Sold cars for a few years and have been working in restaurants on the side for most of my life.

I am willing to travel but prefer it to be pretty close to Slidell. Open to just about anything, anybody know of anyone out there hiring around Slidell or about 35-40mins away ?

Getting back in school is looking better and better every day :hs:

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    did you check with Rooms To Go? They have a huge warehouse that's fairly new. I think it's actually a distribution center. it's in slidell.

Last edited:

dhfischerjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Pearl River
    Associated Grocery is putting a new distribution center in behind rooms to go in Pearl River. They are constructing it right. It is supposed to be around 1000000 sq ft.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You mentioned you sold cars! There is no more lucrative career than successful sales. If you CAN sell, you can be gainfully employed.

There is almost no company a REAL sealsperson could go to and not take the job of some wannabe "order taker"!

toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Stay in school !!!!!!!

Go to nursing school, there will always be a need for nurses and the pay will stay on the upper side of the scale 90% of the time.

I agree with this. I am making a 6 figure income being a nurse. Plenty of OT shifts are available when I want to buy something.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Stay in school !!!!!!!

Go to nursing school, there will always be a need for nurses and the pay will stay on the upper side of the scale 90% of the time.

I agree with this. I am making a 6 figure income being a nurse. Plenty of OT shifts are available when I want to buy something.

You guys must be waging the Supreme Court scrapping Pretendercare!?! You might want to read up on how that abomination of American society plays out for medical people.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    If I could do it all over again I would go to nursing school. Good money, benefits, and job security. But if you are unable to put the time and energy into the schooling necessary I would recommend NDT training. Plenty of work in that. Or you could try to get offshore.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    No have not tried rooms to go yet. Didnt know they were here, thanks i'll look into it.

Nursing school.......I would love to go back but my GF is about to start and we both cant go to school at the same time and make our bills.

Tried textron, talked to someone that works there and they said its not what it use to be. Not really hiring unless you have some type of degree.

Considering getting back in car sales but not sure if I want to make that move yet.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I'm in a similar situation blackboltss. Once I finish my MBA in the fall, I'm going to have to find something that will pay a significant larger salary in order to pay back these student loans. :mad: It's not that I want to leave my job, I just can't afford to stay with them

I didn't have the luxury of someone giving me a free ride thru college.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom