MAGPUL PMAGS vs. ProMag Polymer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Let me put it this way- for roughly what you would have paid in the GB for the best mags on the market, you got the worst mags on the market.

Sorry, but that is how it is.

Hold the two side by side- you don't even need to load them, just hold them- it'll all be apparent.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Understandable.

However, the deal is, I talked to Magpul- they said their three biggest customers (that they send buttloads of mags to every day) are Brownells, RSR and DSG.

I talked to all three about lead times (the amount the have ordered vs. their backorders) and they gave me the lowest estimate.

If you stay on top of things (check online retailers often) and you only want 10 mags or whatever, you could probably find them sooner, albeit for a little more money.

However, Brownells is a safe bet- they get Pmags in constantly.

Don't take that as me talking you into it, though, I am way more overworked doing this than I expected. (Happy to do it, don't get me wrong)

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Yeah, right?

ProMags are the type of thing you buy a couple of accidentally at a fun show when you don't know any better.

:mamoru:

A guy at work bought a PLR 16 kel-tec (the AR wannabe pistol) and was asking me what type of "clips" he should get. I told him to buy the Magpul P-mag polymer mags, he bought a 20 and 30 round pro-mag @ the funshow, and asked me how he did. I didnt have the heart to tell him the truth :p

Jon

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 13, 2006
    BR "City of Central"
    A guy at work bought a PLR 16 kel-tec (the AR wannabe pistol) and was asking me what type of "clips" he should get. I told him to buy the Magpul P-mag polymer mags, he bought a 20 and 30 round pro-mag @ the funshow, and asked me how he did. I didnt have the heart to tell him the truth :p

Those guns are actually pretty accurate and run well. Mags on the other hand...

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Understandable.

However, the deal is, I talked to Magpul- they said their three biggest customers (that they send buttloads of mags to every day) are Brownells, RSR and DSG.

I talked to all three about lead times (the amount the have ordered vs. their backorders) and they gave me the lowest estimate.

If you stay on top of things (check online retailers often) and you only want 10 mags or whatever, you could probably find them sooner, albeit for a little more money.

However, Brownells is a safe bet- they get Pmags in constantly.

Don't take that as me talking you into it, though, I am way more overworked doing this than I expected. (Happy to do it, don't get me wrong)

What's DSG and RSR?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    http://dsgarms.com/
    http://www.rsrgroup.com/

Places to spend $$ ;)

LA carry. Next time you talk to Magpul, find out if they still plan on offering Pmags in the different colors. I know they releases the Orange a while back, and were planning on limited runs of other colors, such as blue, yellow, pink, and some bright colors as well.

Dear God.....Dear leader Obama has cause major damage to my credit line....:squint:

Top Bottom