The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • youcarrya.40?

No longer carrying a .40
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2017
    Amite La.
    UPDATE:
    went to LSPHQ yesterday for fingerprints, paid for prints with money order - immediately got the email my that my application was accepted and then the email for payment for permit fee a minute later. Paid the permit fee with debit card while sitting in the waiting room to be printed (gotta love technology).
    This morning I get the email saying my permit has been approved!
    I must add that everyone I spoke to at LSPHQ was friendly and helpful, it was a pleasant experience.

Last update:
    Permit in hand 8 days after approval email.

tudobem

Non-conformist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Hammond
    Submitted online last week for renewals for both me and the wife. Hers was accepted the very next day, paid by credit card online. Will update on how long it takes to actually receive. Mine may take a little while longer as I had a previous legal issue that required additional documentation. Did not prevent me receiving my initial permit to begin with, so hopefully will not take that long to renew either. Will update with wait time for mine also when I find out.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Well after a 13 month wait I finally got my permit in the mail. Their system for issuing these permits is absolutely broken and unacceptable but what can ya do?

Glad the wait is over.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Just got my initial last month. Submitted online in December. Asked for payment in January. Approved in April. Received a week after approval email.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    -Took the class Thursday 5/4
    -Submitted online application night of 5/4
    -Fingerprints done at LSP HQ Monday 5/8 8:30 AM
    -Got the Approval email today, Tuesday 5/9 at 9am
    -Email said card will be here in 10-15 days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    -Took the class Thursday 5/4
    -Submitted online application night of 5/4
    -Fingerprints done at LSP HQ Monday 5/8 8:30 AM
    -Got the Approval email today, Tuesday 5/9 at 9am
    -Email said card will be here in 10-15 days

Forgot to add, got the email asking for payment, and I made payment Monday 5/8 9am

tudobem

Non-conformist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Hammond
    Submitted online last week for renewals for both me and the wife. Hers was accepted the very next day, paid by credit card online. Will update on how long it takes to actually receive. Mine may take a little while longer as I had a previous legal issue that required additional documentation. Did not prevent me receiving my initial permit to begin with, so hopefully will not take that long to renew either. Will update with wait time for mine also when I find out.

Update 5-12-17 -- Called LSP HQ today and spoke with Wyndie (Office Manager according to their website). My wife's was still showing Pending Review after being accepted and paid for. Mine was still showing Pending Acceptance 2 weeks after submitting. She informed me that my wife's was awaiting results of a background check and should be released and mailed within the next week. She accepted mine while I was on the phone, informed me that I would be receiving an e-mail informing me of that, but no link to pay as it is free for Veterans. I had been led to believe that the fee for Veterans was half-price and not free, but was told that is only for Active Duty, Veterans are indeed FREE for both the 5-year and lifetime permits. I opted for the 5-year simply for the added benefit of not having to do a background check when purchasing a firearm.

whatsherface

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Metairie
    Hi.. I thought I'd go ahead and share my experience.
    March 3rd. Submitted
    April 6th. Accepted
    April 8th. Pending review
    June 19th approved!!

received permit 3-4 days later. :) I had questions throughout the process so I called a few times and emailed. Every time I spoke with someone they were very pleasant and easy to talk to. Also, I mailed in my prints...

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Mine took about 6 months plus another 3 months of field training. But I got a bonus commission card as well. :)

Albatross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    North Central, Louisiana
    I only hope that yall never have to use you CCW to defend yourself. In a court of law a CCP shows intent. As a US Army veteran of 24 yrs.,I refuse to pay the state of Louisiana a red penny to CC a weapon I can open carry legally. Another way or our great state to milk money from good people. Wake up LOUISIANA!!! keep a copy of your receipt and FFL transfer in your vehicle or wallet, carry and protect yourself.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I only hope that yall never have to use you CCW to defend yourself. In a court of law a CCP shows intent. As a US Army veteran of 24 yrs.,I refuse to pay the state of Louisiana a red penny to CC a weapon I can open carry legally. Another way or our great state to milk money from good people. Wake up LOUISIANA!!! keep a copy of your receipt and FFL transfer in your vehicle or wallet, carry and protect yourself.

Wow...so much wrong in this statement. Name one court case where a CCW holder was looked at as having intent. And you are welcome to open carry. If someone gets the drop on you, and the element of surprise is in the favor of the criminal, they know you have a weapon. You ensure you are the first target for someone who does not abide by laws because you have presented yourself as a threat. But carrying concealed at least allows for you to have a chance to draw if the criminal moves his attention away from you because he doesn't know you are armed.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Dude you can't be serious. Before I accept your legal advice are you or have you ever been a member of the Louisiana Bar? As much as I appreciate your service; I somehow doubt you are qualified to give legal advice.

With a Louisiana CHP I can carry in 39 of the 50 states, and the ones I can't I have no desire to visit. You can't open carry in 39 states, and even the ones with constipational carry require you to be a resident. That alone ads value to a La Chp.

Lol im not keeping a receipt in my car either. That is just stupid. What happens if the receipt is stolen? What exactly will a receipt do being in my car? When I am at work in my wife's car? Stop trolling.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana

Lmao don't veterans get free permits? Are you really that cheap?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Welcome Time Traveller!!!
    It's the year 2017, 1998's arguments about the perception of having a CHL have passed into the mists of the internet, you should do a little research.

Maybe read a book.

http://lawofselfdefense.com

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom