The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-Bub

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2016
    Centerville
    My girlfriend and I applied in August, paid December 19th. She got her's this week after getting a email 2 weeks ago saying it was on its way. Ive yet to hear from them. I've been trying to call them every day for the past 2 weeks. Just sent them a email, hope to get it soon.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    Seems like me and you are on the same schedule. I applied in August, paid December 19th, got my approval email last Friday (Feb 10th). Still waiting on the actual permit to show up.

T-Bub

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2016
    Centerville
    got my approval email at 6:30pm last night then another a minute later saying that " I just approved your permit, you will get it next week"

joshlg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Emailed State Police CCL for an update on 1/14/17 after receiving approval email and submitting payment on 12/23/16 , received response 1/26/17 ("We are currently processing your application, at this time we are waiting on the background check from your fingerprint cards to come in.")

UPDATE:

SO I decided to email the LSP CHP again for another update on 2/25/17 and received the response 2/26/17 ("I just approved the permit"). Not that I believe the FBI isn't to blame for taking a month to run a background check on me (no arrests, no divorces etc) and get the info back to the LSP, but I'm pretty sure if I hadn't sent another email I would still be waiting. So I guess the best way to get your permit in a timely manner is to bug them often enough that they actually get it done. BTW, I still have to wait 10-15 business days for the permit to arrive, so I'm still not holding my breath!!

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I submitted everything required online on 1/30/17 and paid online later that evening checked. My bank confirmed the funds were removed on 2nd of Feb. I have been checking the status over the course of the month of February and the status is still "Pending Payment". I E-mailed LSP on 2/14/17 with a copy of my digital receipt, and I got a response 3 days later that stated "this was a technical issue" and they are "forwarding" this issue to the tech department for correction. Permit status is still "pending payment" over a week after response. I don't know if this happens regularly, but now I wish I paid in person when I went to do the prints.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I would advise anyone who is about to go through the process submit everything online. I did mine through mail and I'm almost a year of waiting. Completely unacceptable.

urtigerbait2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Slidell
    Took me 6 months 18 days to receive my permit. My finger prints got rejected the first go round (INK). Instead of trying again I drove 1.5 hours to LSP HQ in Baton Rouge to have them done. 2 weeks after that my permit came in the mail. Moral of the story is have your prints done electronically the first time in at LSP HQ.. Also patience is a must.

Team_Beast

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2017
    Covington, LA
    New 5 year permit:
    12/12/16 Submitted online application w/ uploaded docs
    12/13/16 Sent in paper prints from local station
    1/26/17 Received accepted application email and paid fees
    2/7/17 Emailed to get a status update and got the "waiting on background check" reply 3 days later
    2/27/17 Emailed again for status update and got an Approved email 3 hours later.
    Currently waiting on my permit to arrive in the mail, emailing the state definitely helps. Will probabaly be 3 months total from submit of application to permit in hand (fingers crossed!)

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I just talked to my son . He submitted everything online and got printed at LSP . Went down and picked up his permit . About two weeks start to finish .

SkunkApe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2016
    Broussard
    The latest posts are encouraging. Sounds like things are getting better.

I submitted mine in early July of 2016. Just got it in the mail today (3/3/17) . Took a lot of calling and emailing along the way, too.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Update:
    For me it was 42 days until I was approved. I am waiting on the permit to arrive in the mail. I probably would have gotten approved a lot sooner had I paid in person when I was there in LSPHQ taking my prints or if there wasn't a problem with my payment.

Took Class On 1/29/17
    Submitted Application Online: 1/29/17
    Drove To LSP For Printing: 1/30/17
    Paid Online:1/30/17
    Funds Drafted by LSP: 2/2/17
    Checked Status Online: 2/14/17 "Pending Payment"

Emailed LSP About Problem: 2/14/17
    LSP Responded 2/17/17: "Its a Glitch; Problem will Get fixed"
    Checked Status 2/27/17 "Still Pending Payment"
    Emailed LSP Again 2/27/17
    LSP Responded 2/28/17: "We Will Fix the Problem"
    Checked Status Online 3/3/17 "Still Pending Payment"

Tired of Emails Decided to Call: 3/8/17 "Problem is now fixed, pending BCG Check"
    Email Received 3/14/17: Application is approved permit should be received in 10-15 days.
    Checked Online Status: Approved.

ProZack

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2015
    Houma,La
    me and my wife took the class last feb did the paperwork that night sent it off paid ect
    wife had to resend finger prints shes till waiting for her permit.
    i was able to call and get someone on the phone to approve mine right then and there got the email right after said 1-2 weeks to get my permit that was early january of this year.

Bayouglock23

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2006
    New 5 year Permit

3/11/17-Took Class
    3/13/17-Submitted application on-line
    3/15/17-Fingerprinted at LSP headquarters and submitted payment on-line. Money was immediately removed from bank and got confirmation email.
    3/17/17-Email received saying that permit was approved and would be received in mail in next 10-15 days.

Disclaimer: I have never been arrested and never divorced. I also already have a state gaming license that gets renewed every two years with a background check done then by LSP Gaming Enforcement. I don't know if that helped with quick turnaround but I thought I would clarify.

I would seriously suggest doing the application on-line and getting fingerprints at the LSP headquarters whenever possible.

Top Bottom