Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 137 121151101 ... LastLast
    Tacticool

User Info Menu

The average CCW issue time?

What would you guess is the average CCW issue time? The website says 60-90 days but there are some threads in here talking about getting your permit in the mail a week or so after applying. I applied almost 3 weeks ago and am anxiously checking the mail every day. Maybe I need to forget about it and realize it'll come when it comes... This is government bureaucracy after all
    Last edited by Il_Baffo; May 22nd, 2012 at 01:26 PM.
    "The proper function of man is to live - not to exist." -Jack London

The zen master has a beautiful tea cup. He enjoys having the cup and drinks from it often but he knows it is already broken. That way, when he one day knocks it off of the table and it crashes on the floor he will simply say, "I see."

LA CHP Instructor # 522

User Info Menu

Each case is different, I wouldnt worry about it until about 5 weeks
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me." KAIBIL

"Melior morior bellator, quam ago profugus"

RAW Combat International Certified Instructor
    RangeMaster Academy Certified Firearms Instructor
    Owner/Operator of Estrada Tactical Firearms Training
    Owner of Thermal Cure Coatings (KG & Cerakote)

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

One day to ninety days.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I got mine in about 50 days
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away." - Phillip Van Cleave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    One day to ninety days.
    Well said....I second that! You never know. It's like what I tell students about pistol recoil..."expect it...dont anticipate it"
    LIVE HARD.......SQUEEZE TRIGGER.....

NRA Instructor
    CHP Instructor #593
    J2L Gun Training, LLC

User Info Menu

Being that you're in BR. If you get your prints done at the HQ it seems a few folks here have had like a 14 day turn around.

No garuntee. Within 90 days is the norm for the rest of the state.

On Target

User Info Menu

Mine came 10 days (not just business days but actual time) after I dropped off and did my prints at LSP HQ. Go in and do the prints there, it speeds it up. I know someone that applied two weeks before me and is still waiting.

Jedi Knight

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp View Post
    Mine came 10 days (not just business days but actual time) after I dropped off and did my prints at LSP HQ. Go in and do the prints there, it speeds it up. I know someone that applied two weeks before me and is still waiting.
    Mine too.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Printing at LSP head quarters is a big plus. I got mine in 10 days. I overheard the lady behind the counter
    talking to a couple applying for the ccw. She said the girl's app. should go through quickly because she was a
    "no applicant". The girl ask what that was and she elaborated: no divorce, no prior military service, no
    out of state moves. She said these factors as well as printing at hq. make the issuance happen alot faster.

"No Comment"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp View Post
    Do they do the printing daily? What are the hours they do printing? thanks
    Last edited by geauxbubba; May 23rd, 2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: correct grammer