The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Il_Baffo

Tacticool
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What would you guess is the average CCW issue time? The website says 60-90 days but there are some threads in here talking about getting your permit in the mail a week or so after applying. I applied almost 3 weeks ago and am anxiously checking the mail every day. Maybe I need to forget about it and realize it'll come when it comes... This is government bureaucracy after all

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Being that you're in BR. If you get your prints done at the HQ it seems a few folks here have had like a 14 day turn around.

No garuntee. Within 90 days is the norm for the rest of the state.

Chrisp

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Baton Rouge and New Orleans
    Mine came 10 days (not just business days but actual time) after I dropped off and did my prints at LSP HQ. Go in and do the prints there, it speeds it up. I know someone that applied two weeks before me and is still waiting.

tibodoe

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Printing at LSP head quarters is a big plus. I got mine in 10 days. I overheard the lady behind the counter
    talking to a couple applying for the ccw. She said the girl's app. should go through quickly because she was a
    "no applicant". The girl ask what that was and she elaborated: no divorce, no prior military service, no
    out of state moves. She said these factors as well as printing at hq. make the issuance happen alot faster.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    Mine came 10 days (not just business days but actual time) after I dropped off and did my prints at LSP HQ. Go in and do the prints there, it speeds it up. I know someone that applied two weeks before me and is still waiting.

Do they do the printing daily? What are the hours they do printing? thanks

Last edited:

Homoudont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I did my prints at the LSP HQ too, but I don't expect mine back in the 10 days some are reporting. I just recently moved to LA so a multi state check has to be done before I get my CCW. FTW I turned mine in on 5-23 late in the day. I'll update it once I get mine in the mail.

Homoudont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I did my prints at the LSP HQ too, but I don't expect mine back in the 10 days some are reporting. I just recently moved to LA so a multi state check has to be done before I get my CCW. FTW I turned mine in on 5-23 late in the day. I'll update it once I get mine in the mail.

Just to update this thread/post... I got my Conceal Carry license today in the mail. postmarked June 1st but received in my hand June 5th.
    Got mine in 13 days
    processing 6 business days

Last edited:

Young Gun

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Zachary, La
    So is LSP HQ over on Independence by the DMV and all? How much did they charge for prints? I hope to have a quick turnaround on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom