Lazy Americans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Nor do I blame the farmer.

We knew this years ago. When I moved to Austin in the early 70's there were jobs every where. But there were very low wages. The mexicans, legal and not, were willing to work for a lot less than spoiled Austinites.

I was just married and had no job and no money, I had to think like a mexican. But time and ongoing education improved things.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    the plant here has alot of hispanic workers.. they work on the plant and live there too.. of course i would prefer local people to work there (and they do) but if we prevent sugar cane plants from employing hispanic workers, the farmers, truck drivers, Domino in Chalmette, etc will suffer... the key word here is temporary

i'm all for cutting off welfare, but i want to take it a step further and cut the taxation that goes to pay for these things too, and increase the value of our dollar

Last edited:

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I'm gonna say something real simple here.

If it were not for the Mexican and Latino workers here in America, we wouldn't have any roads, no vegetable or fruits or meats, no roof repair after hurricanes, etc.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Nor do I blame the farmer.

We knew this years ago. When I moved to Austin in the early 70's there were jobs every where. But there were very low wages. The mexicans, legal and not, were willing to work for a lot less than spoiled Austinites.

I was just married and had no job and no money, I had to think like a mexican. But time and ongoing education improved things.

Agreed. Hispanics that are new to this country often have a good work ethic, and will "get the job DONE". They tend to work ceaselessly and with a manic fervor, disregarding any obstacle to their work. Like me, when I go up stairs to ask wtf about all the racket while I am trying to sleep and the floor is being remodeled with a jackhammer.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

If it were not for the Mexican and Latino workers here in America, we wouldn't have any roads, no vegetable or fruits or meats, no roof repair after hurricanes, etc.
    Sure we would, hamburgers would just cost $20 from McDonalds and every road would be a toll-road while only a deep 6 figure income could procure more than a mobile home.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Mexicans are the most industrious people I have worked with, white, black and other... IMO is a toss up for lazy.

By and large the mexicans have had to bust ass to survive and it shows. Like the folks from northern US that have sevral months of non productive work time b/c of weather.

When I started working around the country I had the idea that " yankees were lazy and stupid " that proved to be way wrong.

Same with people who think mexicans are not good workers.

Still, I DO NOT support illegals. I don't care how hard they work there has to be a level playing field on the pay scale side of things. ( TAX )

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Don't break out your crying towels for them yet.

On October 31, all H-2B temorary workers (those the pick crabs, shrimp, crawfish, sugar cane, fruits, whatever), will get a mandated wage increse of about 83% or, from the current rate of around $8.00 to $14.75 per hour. This ingenious effort by the douchebags on Capital Hill also stipulates that those employees offer affordable housing in some cases and ensure the workers have some basic form of health insurance.

Do the math folks! If lazy Americans STILL won't do it after that, you can kiss affordable prices on labor intense commodities goodbye.

My crystal ball shows me alot of crawfish farmers, crab plants, and shrimp packing plants, going belly up. Those are the industries I have intimate understanding of how they are run; there are many others involved that will have equally devastating effects.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    reminds me in NJ they have a law that says you cannot be trusted to pump your own gas... so gas stations must hire someone specifically to man the pumps in an effort to reduce unemployment

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.

Sounds like you have a simple mind, maybe you don't realize it but we have plenty legal Americans that do those things today in other states that haven't been invaded with the border jumpers. I know plenty of roof contractors who went out of business because of the illegal crews that came to do roof repair, they don't have a bonded company, no insurance, no workers comp to pay for, they didn't start the year 15k-30k in the hole. So I ask how do you compete with that, then when they come and do a job 3k cheaper than the average contractor and I'll give it to them for being fast and clean, but when you go to fast things tend to get off sometimes, I've seen drip edges f-ed up and shingles not hanging over the edge enough. Who do you go after when the job isn't done right? Jose, Juan, Guatalupa all can't be found, because they're on to the next town to screw up.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    Sounds like you have a simple mind, maybe you don't realize it but we have plenty legal Americans that do those things today in other states that haven't been invaded with the border jumpers. I know plenty of roof contractors who went out of business because of the illegal crews that came to do roof repair, they don't have a bonded company, no insurance, no workers comp to pay for, they didn't start the year 15k-30k in the hole. So I ask how do you compete with that, then when they come and do a job 3k cheaper than the average contractor and I'll give it to them for being fast and clean, but when you go to fast things tend to get off sometimes, I've seen drip edges f-ed up and shingles not hanging over the edge enough. Who do you go after when the job isn't done right? Jose, Juan, Guatalupa all can't be found, because they're on to the next town to screw up.

after Gustav, i had a local company replace my roof.. once the material showed up, about eight hispanics had my entire roof changed and property cleaned in less than six hours.. it wasn't the cheapest quote i got, but it was local.... the only white people was the nephew of the owner (whom i knew) and a friend of his (which only quoted the job and collected the check).. there were two other local companies that were in my neighborhood who look several days to replace roofs and they left nails on the ground which blew out two of my room mates tires.. the roofing company refused to pay for it even though they were roofing nails and nobody else had their roofs changed prior to their work.. those other companies used black and white folk to repair/replace roofs..

RisingRebel

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette Louisiana
    the plant here has alot of hispanic workers.. they work on the plant and live there too.. of course i would prefer local people to work there (and they do) but if we prevent sugar cane plants from employing hispanic workers, the farmers, truck drivers, Domino in Chalmette, etc will suffer... the key word here is temporary

i'm all for cutting off welfare, but i want to take it a step further and cut the taxation that goes to pay for these things too, and increase the value of our dollar

Why is it that people don't understand that illegal aliens = criminal alien?

Of course we need to get rid of taxes that we don't see representation on - we did that the first time in 1776. The first several courses of action need to be takes all at once. Our boarders need to be protected. We can't run a business with outsiders stealing from it.
    Second, the business of each state is its own. The De Facto government that is actually a corporation owned by world banking and installed by the yankees after the South got out, is an illegal government and operates as a tyrant. States are all sovereign. Nothing will work until states get their rights back. The De Facto government is legally only allowed to control DC and the owned territories.

Since that won't happen and no one else seems to care I'll stop there and forget the entire thing.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I have no problems with licensed and bonded legal companies, they sound like they're doing it right, who cares if they hire hispanics, they sound like they have a legally licensed company and pay to play. I didn't say anything about whites or blacks or any color or race of people doing it. I clearly said americans and illegals

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    i dont have a problem with an illegal person ,with a work visa, coming here to make money... i tend to think in a way like: How would i feel if i were thinking about moving to another country? i obviously would need a job, so i would go there on legal terms, secure a job for a period of time, then once that legal term expired i would make a decision to leave or become a citizen..

RisingRebel

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 8, 2011
    Lafayette Louisiana
    i dont have a problem with an illegal person ,with a work visa, coming here to make money... i tend to think in a way like: How would i feel if i were thinking about moving to another country? i obviously would need a job, so i would go there on legal terms, secure a job for a period of time, then once that legal term expired i would make a decision to leave or become a citizen..

No offense but illegal person ,with a work visa makes him not illegal - it makes him legal, as in non criminal and the way they are suppose to come here. 78% of them are criminals in their country and cannot get a visa. The US has a thing about bringing in murderers, rapists and drug dealers.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.

why should you, we can give them all subway discounts too right.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think we are missing something very fundamental.

If steps are taken globally to destroy our manufacturing base and currency you get the sort of depressing work environment.

If u don't correct that - i.e., "Globalism" - it won't be long before NONE of us can make a decent wage - that is, those who are left to find any type of meaningful work.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville

In no way am I disparaging the Mexican workers. What is wrong is having jobs to be filled and people "too good" to fill them. Sitting on their lazy asses doing nothing drawing a check. Our tax dollars pay for their health care, food, shelter, etc. and for what. For them to leach off of society, breed more leaches, and vote Democrat?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think we are missing something very fundamental.

If steps are taken globally to destroy our manufacturing base and currency you get the sort of depressing work environment.

If u don't correct that - i.e., "Globalism" - it won't be long before NONE of us can make a decent wage - that is, those who are left to find any type of meaningful work.

I agree! Although I don't know if I arrive at the same conclusion as you do, a depression will be felt dramatically by all!

Top Bottom