Wingsuit Base Jump *Without* A Parachute - Gary Connery

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Balls of Steel!

Gary Connery, 42, a veteran film stuntman, became the first man to leap out of a helicopter and land safely back on earth, without using a parachute. He did it with the aid of a specially designed "wing-suit": a contraption that, on land, makes Gary look like a flying squirrel, but in the air allowed him to come closer to natural flight than a human being has probably ever come.
    "I'm overwhelmed," he told the people on the ground. "It was an amazing feeling. There was a bit of turbulence and I experienced a lot of bouncing, but the landing was comfortable and soft. These suits are amazing." And are they dangerous? "Absolutely no! Do I look hurt?"

Connery's wife Vivienne, who greeted him with a kiss and bottle of champagne said she was "relieved it's all over."

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    They're supposed be moving 80-150mph with those suits. And the boxes were there to break his fall?

It was cool and impressive, but I was hoping for a flared landing sans helpful boxes. Not as life changing as I thought.

Top Bottom