eBay becoming more gun friendly

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitjct

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Just got this email from eBay

We want to inform you eBay's Hunting category has expanded to include more items, which could mean more buyers and sales for you. Now you can list the following firearm parts and accessories on the eBay US site (eBay.com) with domestic shipping:

Enbloc clips
    Barrels
    Bolts
    Choke tubes
    Cylinders
    Firing pins
    Hammers
    Magazines with a capacity to accept 10 rounds or less (high-capacity magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds are not allowed)
    Slides
    Trigger assemblies
    Important Guidelines
    We take the update to the Hunting category seriously and will monitor these items vigilantly for compliance with the eBay firearms policy and all relevant laws and regulations. If your listing does not meet the requirements of this policy, it may be removed, and you may be subject to a range of other actions, including restrictions to your buying and selling privileges and suspension of your account. Keep in mind these important guidelines when listing any of these firearm parts and accessories:

You may now show your accessories on a firearm in your photo, as long as it is not an assault weapon and there is no indication in the listing that the firearm is included in the sale.
    You and all of the items listed must be located in the US and you must only offer domestic shipping on these items.
    Listing accessories related to assault weapons is still prohibited on eBay. If your accessory is compatible with other weapons as well as assault weapons, you may list it, but may not mention any assault weapon compatibility. The listing of firearms, replica firearms, ammunition, and other firearm-related items is still prohibited on eBay. Please carefully review the site policy that outlines firearm restrictions before listing these items, and be sure your listings—titles, descriptions, and photos—are in compliance with the new update.
    Sell more and grow
    Since opening up the category, there has been significant demand for these items, so don't miss this opportunity to sell more and reach more buyers by offering additional firearms parts and accessories on eBay. Expanding your inventory to offer these products can help grow your business. Take advantage of the update and start listing more items today.

Have a great day and thank you for selling on eBay!

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Typical of their kind.

I will stick to my principles and WILL NOT allow this!
    Oh wait, there is money to be made? Well, we can change that rule a bit...

Eh, whatever. Guess I will have a few more things to list now but I certainly wont pat them on the back, especially since they threw in that "assault weapon" jab. Good thing none of my rifles are fully automatic assault weapons. :dunno:

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    They pulled one of my auctions because it had a handgun in the picture. I was going to try to use them as an outlet, but then they held my money for 30 days, and they automatically pull fees from your bank account. I don't think I am going back, especially with the other things I have in the works.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Just use gunbroker or auctionarms. You can list anything you want there and not support an anti-2nd Amendment Rights company along with their ownership of paypal.
    Makes you wonder if they keep a list of people that sell gun related items on there and subsequently a backdoor ipso facto gun registration list.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    I don't think that they are intentionally anti 2nd amendment rights. I'm pretty sure they are just pandering to the states with restrictive gun laws (California) that could have potential buyers and sellers. It would take a huge amount of monitoring on their part to be able to offer the sales protection they do and be able to fully list everything we want. Either way, I'm glad to see they will be allowing the listing of accessories now.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Unfortunately, they are based in California. Some of their policies are likely driven by the laws of CA.

It's a shame for them. I just sold a guitar off there.... I did not realize how much their fees had gone up. All the little fees are an "oh, nevermind" but the final selling price fee was 9%!!!! That's 9 freaking percent!!!!! By the time it was all said and done, it cost me $60 out of the $455 I sold it for. That freaking hurts.

SamNavy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Belle Chasse, LA
    Ebay does not give a **** about guns. They are not pro-gun, they do not support 2A, and they absolutely will reverse their decision in a heartbeat if they feel pressure from the anti-gun crowd... which they more than certainly soon will.

I do not support Ebay. I did quite a while ago, but not anymore. Back in the late 1990's, they stopped selling firearms, which I believed was a relatively smart thing to do, but then they extended their policies to cover basically everything firearms related... then I refused to patronize them. I haven't bought anything on eBay in years.

But now that the economy is in the shitter and everybody I know has half-a-dozen crazy stories about how eBay and Paypal screwed them or how their fees are so high it makes it impossible to turn a profit... they are feeling the pinch and allowing firearm stuff again. Their decision to do this is purely financial... they see the $$ signs going through the roof during election year and are trying to cash in.

I can almost guarantee that no matter who wins in November, you will see Ebay reverse their decision again after the Christmas rush and firearm-related stuff will again be prohibited. Ebay can lick my balls. I'd rather wade through mid-day Saturday crowd at a non-air-conditioned gunshow than buy anything on Ebay ever again.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom