iPhone owners

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You might want to read your terms of service next time they pop up and you press agree... Apparently IBM is banning their employees from using Siri on the iPhone 4s because everything you tell Siri gets saved on Apple's servers for them to do God knows what with...

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-05/23/ibm-bans-siri

In fact, Apple's iPhone Software License Agreement spells this out: "When you use Siri or Dictation, the things you say will be recorded and sent to Apple in order to convert what you say into text," Apple says. Siri collects a bunch of other information -- names of people from your address book and other unspecified user data, all to help Siri do a better job.

How long does Apple store all of this stuff, and who gets a look at it? Well, the company doesn't actually say. Again, from the user agreement: "By using Siri or Dictation, you agree and consent to Apple's and its subsidiaries' and agents' transmission, collection, maintenance, processing, and use of this information, including your voice input and User Data, to provide and improve Siri, Dictation, and other Apple products and services."

Last edited:

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    You might want to read your terms of service next time they pop up and you press agree... Apparently IBM is banning their employees from using Siri on the iPhone 4s because everything you tell Siri gets saved on Apple's servers for them to do God knows what with...

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-05/23/ibm-bans-siri

In fact, Apple's iPhone Software License Agreement spells this out: "When you use Siri or Dictation, the things you say will be recorded and sent to Apple in order to convert what you say into text," Apple says. Siri collects a bunch of other information -- names of people from your address book and other unspecified user data, all to help Siri do a better job.

How long does Apple store all of this stuff, and who gets a look at it? Well, the company doesn't actually say. Again, from the user agreement: "By using Siri or Dictation, you agree and consent to Apple's and its subsidiaries' and agents' transmission, collection, maintenance, processing, and use of this information, including your voice input and User Data, to provide and improve Siri, Dictation, and other Apple products and services."

who thought siri was a person? thats why when you talk to siri, it needs a cellular connection. it only exists on its servers. everything typed here is logged and spanky owns it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    One of my nephews asked it "where is the best place nearby to hide a body" once- and it started making suggestions.....!
    mad0218.gif

I'm sending this article to him as we speak...
    evil9kf.gif

:dogkeke:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I liked the part further on down (if it's the same article) that questioned if this was bit dramatic on IBM's part because they probably still use the iPhone to surf and google. Conceivably Apple could have that information already by different means.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    who thought siri was a person? thats why when you talk to siri, it needs a cellular connection. it only exists on its servers. everything typed here is logged and spanky owns it.

Does Spanky go into my exchange profile and harvest my contacts?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No, using this forum is as invasive as a phone.

I see them as the same

I think you're missing the point

I believe if you are a younger person just starting out, perhaps a candidate for a job in a large company with alot of assets, influence, connections, or are currently enrolled in a university or trying to gain access to a high brow college; you probably would not want to be posting personal crap on ANY social media, including this one.

However, if you are my age, don't owe anyone s**t, have your own company where you dictate your daily rules, aren't breaking the law, and do not fear retaliation by some agency under the control of this corrupt administration, and/or others; F**k it!

Data mining is growing exponentially by the day! The biggest threat to liberty in my estimation is the future ability by the data gatherers and data keepers is to disseminate information quicker or instantaneously for nefarious purposes.

Top Bottom