Paying a speeding ticket

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Ticket says New Roads. And both the Trooper and slightly short snippy lady on the phone said the address is on the ticket.

I can't make heads or tails of the guy's hand writing but I don't see an address.

Anyone know if you can pay an LSP ticket to PC Parish online?

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    No.

Just call the courthouse in New Roads.

225 638-9596

That's what I figured.

I've been grumping about it all week. I'd be much less irritable if I was cruising at 75. 15 more seconds and it would have been... Well. It would have been closer to ten over I imagine. I hover between 61-62. The one time all day I punched up my speed I had to do it with a cop coming up.

I just hate like hell I'm technically looking at more than twenty over. Not that I got it. Paying it isn't the issue. My insurance is going double more than likely.

I should have batted my lashes and asked please please please can we make it for 75/55 and not 76/55.

I've had several people tell me to beg the DA. Yeah. Not. "you were speeding in excess of 20 over and you want me to do what exactly?"

Damn. Oh well. Only six payments and I can try to wiggle it back to lower rates. Off to call Point Coupee.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Go to court and request it be changed to a non-moving. All they care about is that they get the money, and they usually will do it because it doesn't cost them anything to help you save on your insurance and avoid driving-school. Sometimes they make you go to school, anyway, though. For beyond 20 over, you are probably taking the class if you want this to "go away".

All in all, you just paid for about half of the radar-detector that could have prevented all this issue. If you have ever done this before, or it happens again, the investment would have been paid back and then some, not counting time-cost. I recommend purchasing a quality RD to help you prevent this sort of thing in the future.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Go to court and request it be changed to a non-moving. All they care about is that they get the money, and they usually will do it because it doesn't cost them anything to help you save on your insurance and avoid driving-school. Sometimes they make you go to school, anyway, though. For beyond 20 over, you are probably taking the class if you want this to "go away".

All in all, you just paid for about half of the radar-detector that could have prevented all this issue. If you have ever done this before, or it happens again, the investment would have been paid back and then some, not counting time-cost. I recommend purchasing a quality RD to help you prevent this sort of thing in the future.

I could request it. But it just... I can't explain it. It goes against my grain. I'd have to look at the prosecutor in the eye and ask for a fix over something I did that was wrong. Something very dangerous to boot.

Honestly guys. I'm banging my head against a wall because I got it. Not because I'm wanting to wiggle out if it. Piper answered the question. I vented. I've moved on. ;)

I might ask about driving school for insurance. I think asking is there a school to reduce my insurance premiums might be different than asking for him to reduce my ticket. The ticket isn't the issue. It could be double the $, I'd still only be grumping over what I did to my insurance.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I could request it. But it just... I can't explain it. It goes against my grain. I'd have to look at the prosecutor in the eye and ask for a fix over something I did that was wrong. Something very dangerous to boot.
    Something very dangerous? Wrong? Tell me, what is the difference between the stretch of road you were on, and the one just ahead that was rated for 75mph? Is it somehow much safer on that 75mph section? Did it "become safer" because they changed the law on that section of road a while back? Now I understand why some people are against legalizing gay marriage. It might change their entire moral compass if it were legal.

Honestly guys. I'm banging my head against a wall because I got it. Not because I'm wanting to wiggle out if it. Piper answered the question. I vented. I've moved on. ;)
    It's not about "wiggling out of it". It's about keeping hard-earned money in your wallet.

I might ask about driving school for insurance. I think asking is there a school to reduce my insurance premiums might be different than asking for him to reduce my ticket. The ticket isn't the issue. It could be double the $, I'd still only be grumping over what I did to my insurance.

Might ask? Definitely DO ASK! The average cost of a ticket in America is over $800 over a time-period until it falls off of your record when you factor in the increase in insurance if you don't take the driving-school.

Of course, you may view this as your penance for committing said moral affront.

Tell me, is this the only time you have sped? If not, on those other occasions, have you donated the appropriate amount to the municipality that you sped in? Or did you...wriggle out of that "responsibility for your actions" just because noone saw you do it? How dishonest and underhanded of you...no integrity. :rolleyes:

*I'm sorry, but I just hate things like "white guilt" and "legislated morality" and "the law is what makes things right and wrong--not my conscience and common-sense". and so I react strongly to things that I view as following this mind-set.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Might ask? Definitely DO ASK! The average cost of a ticket in America is over $800 over a time-period until it falls off of your record when you factor in the increase in insurance if you don't take the driving-school.

Of course, you may view this as your penance for committing said moral affront.

Wow. Just. Wow.

For one thing, the section of road I was on barely had a serviceable shoulder. It curved and it was two lane. There were driveways up and down with culverts. It wasn't in the best of shape. In no fashion or form by any means was I on a road that was rated for anything above 55. I was nowhere near a road that was rated for 60. Much less 75. It had never, ever, ever been marked as anything other than 55. It never will be.

As far as it keeping money in my pocket. There are rules and laws. Fines and punishments. I knew them. I broke one. I can complain about my mistake. Doesn't mean I'm not going to suck it up.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I just got a pm that has me so pissed off I can't see straight. So I'm shutting this puppy down.

I respect my friends. I respect their professional work ethics.

fallingbird

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Metairie
    Postpone the court appearance a couple of times, then go talk to the DA. The Trooper probably won't be there (especially if he didn't make any notes about attitude or courtesy on the back of your citation), and it should be easy to get it reduced to a non-moving. Court costs and fees won't be cheap, but it won't go on your insurance. We the people are the geese that lay the golden eggs; a little speeding every now and then keeps the 'machine' working...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom