Sad, TP going to three days a week

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was just telling my wife earlier, I actually enjoy reading the printed paper. And the reason I do, is because while I am work I don't have time to read online news. Hell, it's hard enough to perform my job (spectacularly I might add), and check on this place a few times a day; much worse try to read the news.

So she says, "what about on your phone?"

:doh:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I was just telling my wife earlier, I actually enjoy reading the printed paper. And the reason I do, is because while I am work I don't have time to read online news. Hell, it's hard enough to perform my job (spectacularly I might add), and check on this place a few times a day; much worse try to read the news.

So she says, "what about on your phone?"

:doh:

Wait, there is a news source other than Bayoushooter?

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I have been getting home delivery for years but since Katrina the TP has been going down hill. In a state that is predominately conservative the TP is consistantly liberal in their editorial writers both local and national. If the Morning Advocate had home delivery in LaPlace I would have dumped the TP years ago. The stories I read today in the Avocate I see one or two days later in the TP. I will probably drop my subscription when thet go to 3 days a week and buy the Advocate daily.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I dropped them 3.5 years ago and it wasn't because I can read it online.
    This^!!
    Their libtard slant just got too much. I canceled my home delivery after over 18 years. Now I just pick up a sunday paper for the sale ads and the travel/living section. The rest of it gets saved for firestarting material. ;)

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Yep. The liberal slant annoyed me also.

I just had this discussion on FB with one of their employees. Her answer was that subscriptions aren't where the paper gets its money. No you idiot advertisers are! Advertisers look at the reader base to decide where to send their money. Advertisers are small businesses, and who has Obama hurt more than small business. And you're supporting him still. And ticking off half your local audience, the half with money even, by leaning that way. Great business model!

Top Bottom