Anyone use True Green?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I was considering using a service to fertilize my yard. The guy that mows my business said True Green was good. Anyone use them?

Thanks,
    Charles

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    Ain't that the truth.

The scientist, who one day invents grass that only grows to the desired height and stops, will be a billionaire.

I thought there already was one available, came in small tennis ball canister sized cans. Don't know the brand, or species; starts with a Z maybe? Anyways, it only grows to about 2 1/2".

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Ain't that the truth.

The scientist, who one day invents grass that only grows to the desired height and stops, will be a billionaire.

No he won't, he'll probably be working at Monsanto when he makes the discovery and the company will own all the patents. He'll get screwed like that chick that invented Kevlar.

I thought there already was one available, came in small tennis ball canister sized cans. Don't know the brand, or species; starts with a Z maybe? Anyways, it only grows to about 2 1/2".

Probably thinking about Zoysia but you still have to mow it.

altapath.jpg

Last edited:

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    True Green is decent. I used em when I was in Maryland. expensive though. Good if your yard is a real sh!t hole right now and needs a defib, but once they get it back on track fire em and take care of it yourself. I had bare patches and crab grass and tore up mole hills. After I killed all the moles they came out every other week for a few months and my yard looked like a magazine cover.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Moles are destroying my yard as we speak. Luckily, I live in what is still the mostly rural part of God's Country and no one but me would be upset over this.

What's a good way to get rid of them? I know they make traps and so forth, but I have so many burrows under my grass I have no idea where they are now.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    Combination of poison mole bait http://www.amazon.com/Talprid-Moles-Worms-Shaped-Baits/dp/B002B9COD4 and a suppressed 22. The traps are a pain in the ass and they will reproduce before you can catch em all. The ultra sonic things kinda worked. But I think they developed a resistance to it after a bit. You can also manually remove them with a shovel and a hammer if your patient (or bored).

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom