Who works on Computers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I have the stuff to copy the hard drive, unless as mentioned it's the drive that went bad. There are people who can do that but it's pricey.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    There's a member on here that's working on mine right now. Not sure how close you are to westbank NOLA though.

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    The laptop powers on but the screen stays blank. I just have a bunch of baby pictures, weddi
    G pics that I would love to have back

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Probably video card went out, if not an external monitor will probly let you view,

Dirt and dust can clog the heat sinks and fans, clean them often! Good luck!

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    I would be willing to try to pull the data for you. I have a device around here somewhere if I can find it that will connect and supply power to most hard drives to pull the data. send me a pm if you want me to give it a shot for you.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    This....

Attachments

• IDE2USB.jpg
      IDE2USB.jpg
      231.5 KB · Views: 53

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    I have a program that is able to pull data from deleted drives, reformatted, new partitioned, etc., so long as brand new data wasn't written over it. Only thing I don't have is the cable windsorfox showed. My brother who lives in Central should have one of those since he's an HP tech. I will be there in Central this weekend either Saturday and Sunday or just Sunday. If it turns out your HDD is the problem let me know...unless you get it restored/backed up before then.

Don Howard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    west nawlins
    The laptop powers on but the screen stays blank. I just have a bunch of baby pictures, weddi
    G pics that I would love to have back
    Oh, forgot to mention that maybe someone/thing touched the output display settings. On my Dell laptop and most dells when you hold down the Fn key and press F8 a presentation mode "screen" pops up so that you can display to just your laptop, your laptop and a connected monitor, or to just the connected monitor. The last option leaves your screen blank. After you boot up the computer and are confident that it's at your regular screen(all booted up just sitting there) then go ahead and try it.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I have a old laptop that crapped out. Need some data and photos from it.

I have the SATA/IDE to USB adabtor cable & the data recovery software. I'm in the Shreveport area and I'm willing to as OJ says "take a stab at it".

Top Bottom