Harbor Freight Tactical

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    Would you buy a harbor freight AR? What about steel cased ammo?
    Harbor Freight AK?

I think they would probably be mag reliable. Where you can shoot it and guaranteed not to jam more than once every other mag.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    l50.jpg

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Would you buy a harbor freight AR? What about steel cased ammo?
    Harbor Freight AK?

I think they would probably be mag reliable. Where you can shoot it and guaranteed not to jam more than once every other mag.

I would. It would probably be cheap enough that I could just leave it on my roof in case the zombie midgets ever attack.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I would buy them both if they were cheap, just wouldn't depend on them. I am always up for cheap target practice.
    As for steel cases ammo, I have ran it in ak and ars with never a problem. So maybe it wears out an extractor in 10k rounds? Probably saved enough to buy 100 extractors in that time over running brass cased.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I would buy them both if they were cheap, just wouldn't depend on them. I am always up for cheap target practice.
    As for steel cases ammo, I have ran it in ak and ars with never a problem. So maybe it wears out an extractor in 10k rounds? Probably saved enough to buy 100 extractors in that time over running brass cased.

Only way you "save" $ buying steel cased ammo is if you don't have any intentions of reloading or even collecting your spent brass to resell later on. If you have a reloading setup, it would actually be cheaper to shoot decently priced brass than to shoot steel. I used to buy strictly steel, because I do not have never had a press. Therefore, I had no reason to spend more $ for brass for plinking. I haven't bought steel for sometime now, other than 7.62x39, because it just makes more sense to buy brass. I still don't have a press yet, but when I do finally get one setup, I will have plenty of brass stashed away and will be very happy to be able to shoot plenty without worry of breaking the bank. With any luck though, all the ammo components will have quadrupled by the time I start reloading.:o

Top Bottom