US165 North of Alexandria?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    My family reunion in Monroe, LA is coming up during the July 4th weekend. I usually go one of three ways. I-55 to Jackson and then I-20 into Monroe, US61 thru Natchez and then back road it through Columbia, LA, or I take I-10 to I-49 then US165 at Alexandria.

Anyways, did they ever finish all that road construction on US165? I know they were doing a divided 4 lane the whole way and was working on it forever. Just trying to avoid especially nasty roads until I have a few more than 1700 miles on the new car :mamoru:

Thanks!

Edit: Geez I forgot going that way added like 45 minutes to the trip! May forget that anyways, LOL. But what the hell, what's the road report anyway?

Last edited:

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    If you're thinking about Hwy 4 to Columbia, they have about a 2 mile section just west of Fort Necessity torn up down to bare dirt. If they get any rain out of the predicted thunderstorms, that would be a real mess. You can go around it on Hwy 135 then Old Columbia Road, but it adds about 3 miles. May want to consider another route.

Oops, just noticed the July 4th date. They may have that fixed by then. Maybe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nostalgicangel
    Top Bottom