Holy ****!! Did not know BBQ could be this good!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    So I'm on a road trip around the country right now, and I made it a point to stop in Lockhart, Tx to visit Black's BBQ. I have seen it in tv and read about it in magazines (I'm a food nerd), and it has been touted as some of the best BBQ in the world. Well, I'm very happy to report it lived up to the hype. It has been owned and operated by the same family since 1932! I ordered way too much food because I had to try it all. Fatty brisket, a beef rib, and their original sausage. Now I'm no slouch on the pit, and I thought my brisket was good, but I think I might throw in the towel. I know I can never make anything that tastes as good as theirs. It is unbelievable. The sausage had amazing texture and was so flavorful, and the brisket was tender with a beautiful smoke ring and amazing beefy flavor. The beef rib was probably my favorite part. I just don't know how to describe it. I think unctuous is the right word. Or maybe just damn tasty. This meal has changed the way I look at BBQ!!!

I say all that to say this - if you are within 3 hours of this place, get here!! It would be totally worth it. Anyone else on here been before?

I took a picture but I can't upload it for some reason right now. I can text someone pictures if you really wanna see.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    GREAT! Now I'm craving some good BBQ. No reason I should be alone though so I’ll post some pictures for you. Be safe on the road trip my friend.

1691.jpg

blacks-barbecue-l.jpg

blacks_01.JPG

Blacks-Barbecue-Lockhart-Texas.jpg

best_of_lockhart_bundle.jpg

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    That place is on my "to do" list. I have a magazine article about that place on my office bulletin board and plan to make it there soon. I can also recommend the "Salt Lick" outside of Austin, Tx. It's also worth a look.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Wayne's BBQ in Livingston is probably the best around here. Don't take my word for it take every trooper, judge and lawyers (who probably go to kiss some judges' asses) around who all go there each week.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    i wish there was better bbq around here.

the joint has good food usually, just a bad location, and there's a place on hickory right across from shooter's club that's hit or miss i've eaten there three times and two out of three it wasn't bad at all.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    the joint has good food usually, just a bad location, and there's a place on hickory right across from shooter's club that's hit or miss i've eaten there three times and two out of three it wasn't bad at all.

went there (hickory) for lunch during my CHP class. Nothing spectacular, but was good. Service was quick too.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville

As many times as I have seen that place I have never stopped there. There is a place on Jefferson Highway (forget the name) that isn't too bad. There is just no "holy crap that is amazing bbq" around here.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Looks good. Will try. We went to Rusty Star (The one where Tony Bourdain and Ted Nugent ate) and it was really good. The wife can't stop talking about it.

IMAG0102.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Been there done that!! Unfortunately I was so hungover I couldn't thoroughly enjoy it as I should have; but DAMN!!! Those people know how to make some serious bar-b-q!!!

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Good thing I saw this thread. Im on vacation in New Braunfels right now. On the agenda today is a round trip from here to the shiner brewery, then to Lockhart to try some Blacks BBQ.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Good thing I saw this thread. Im on vacation in New Braunfels right now. On the agenda today is a round trip from here to the shiner brewery, then to Lockhart to try some Blacks BBQ.

Gotta hit up Schlitterbahn. The park in New Braunfels is waaaaaay better than Shitterbahn in Galveston.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011

Oh, and tube down the Guadalupe. You'd be surprised how cool the water is in 90+ degree heat. And it actually moves in some places.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU

Ask for the fatty brisket!!! Hell, try everything you can. As far as sides go - the coleslaw is pretty good, but I recommend skipping sides all together to save room for meat!!!

Top Bottom