The strange tale of Stalin VS John Wayne

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Supposedly, Joseph Stalin wanted to kill The Duke- and actually gave it a whirl TWICE. Is it true? Judge for yourselves, I guess. But it's an intriguing tale, at any rate....

:D This part is a bit interesting:

"When the hit men entered, the FBI agents pounced, disarming and handcuffing the killers before they could harm Wayne.

Those G-men must have been big John Wayne fans, because they let him deal with the killers his own way: at Wayne’s direction, the FBI men loaded the KGB agents into cars and drove them to a secluded beach north of Los Angeles. At the beach the KGB men, still handcuffed, were marched down to the surf and were made to kneel in wet sand. Then as the FBI agents looked on approvingly, Wayne and Grant drew pistols and aimed them at the heads of the KGB men. “On the count of three,” Wayne told Grant. “One…two…THREE!”
    Both Wayne and Grant fired their guns, but the KGB men didn’t die. It took a moment for them to realize they were still alive; when they opened their eyes, Wayne held up his gun and exclaimed, “Blanks!”
    :)

http://www.neatorama.com/2011/05/09/joe-stalin-vs-john-wayne/

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Matters not weather true or false. Great story befitting great man.

That's how I feel about it too, RL....There will always be some who would disagree- and that's fine- but JW was indeed a powerful symbol of America around the world for a very long time.

It's really sad when you look at the celebrities we're known for today, isn't it. No comparison. :thumbsdown:

BTW, I did a quick look around Google, but didn't see anything right off disputing that at least something took place involving this. Maybe there really is something to it other than legend. Hey- you never know, right? :)

John-Wayne-Ghost-59229.jpg

Last edited:

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    That's how I feel about it too, RL....There will always be some who would disagree- and that's fine- but JW was indeed a powerful symbol of America around the world for a very long time.

It's really sad when you look at the celebrities we're known for today, isn't it. No comparison. :thumbsdown:

"When the hit men entered, the FBI agents pounced, disarming and handcuffing the killers before they could harm Wayne.

Those G-men must have been big John Wayne fans, because they let him deal with the killers his own way: at Wayne’s direction, the FBI men loaded the KGB agents into cars and drove them to a secluded beach north of Los Angeles. At the beach the KGB men, still handcuffed, were marched down to the surf and were made to kneel in wet sand. Then as the FBI agents looked on approvingly, Wayne and Grant drew pistols and aimed them at the heads of the KGB men. *On the count of three,* Wayne told Grant. *One…two…THREE!*
    Both Wayne and Grant fired their guns, but the KGB men didn’t die. It took a moment for them to realize they were still alive; when they opened their eyes, Wayne held up his gun and exclaimed, *Blanks!*

then the duke stood up and whistled. a palomino mare roared out of the surf and came galloping his way. the duke hooked the hit men up to the horse saddle and slapped it on the butt. the horse ran off dragging the hit men in the sand to their demise. then the FBI men loaded the duke up and they went to a local bar where the duke met some women admirers and went in the back room. when he came out he let them smell his fingers.

then they went outside and kicked some random doors in with the duke and violated some more civil rights and smoked cigars.

i added the second part. but since no one cares the first part was ridiculous crap, and said it sounded cool anyway, i wanted to add some too. is mine cool?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom