Good Bye Bellemont!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The place was nice 40 years ago.

So was the surrounding area, I'm sure....Hard to believe looking at it today that the Bellemont was THE premier hotel in BR. Just plain sad.

BRitchieLCK

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, La
    I work the store across the street on Winnborne. Today the Bellmont is a run down haven for vagrants, junkies and prostitutes. People are actually picking up the bricks they are tearing off the sides.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I work the store across the street on Winnborne. Today the Bellmont is a run down haven for vagrants, junkies and prostitutes. People are actually picking up the bricks they are tearing off the sides.

Hi Nabor, or another?

Wish I had a dollar for every time I was in there as a kid....Wasn't bad, back then. A robbery in that parking lot back then was NEWS.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    http://abandonedbatonrouge.typepad.com/abandoned_baton_rouge/2008/05/the-bellemont.html

Check out the Billy Cannon mural....wow.

6a00e54ee90d24883400e552808a4c8833-500pi

Kind of reminds you of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining....:p(If you traded mountains for...whatever you want to call this surrounding area, that is.:doh:)

Last edited:

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky

Nit picking here, but the perspective of the Billy Cannon mural is off.

That is a view looking from east to west at the South End Zone. At the time, Cannon would have been in the field's south end zone.

He should be running to the right, or north. I believe he ran in front of the Ole Miss bench.

Then, again, it may be artistic license. I do remember where I was when he made the run.

FWIW, my tickets from 1970 until Curley's second year were in the SEZ, two rows down from the top, the 3rd and 4th seats in from the west stands.
    :eh:

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Visited a neighbor's rich uncle who stayed in the Presidential Suite in the mid '80's. Damn, that place was ridiculous, private pool, hot tub, 4 rooms, etc. I think it was close to $800 a night back then!

Top Bottom