Gone Fishin'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Headed to Toledo Bend for a four day weekend. Haven't been in a few years. We normally bass fish from the state park to 1215. Anyone do any fishing there??? Where's the bite?

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    You picked one heck of a weekend to go. The Bassmaster's Elite Tournament is on Toledo Bend this weekend. There should be a lot of people on the water watching the Pros fish. I have a waterfornt home there and I'm not going just to avoid the crowds. If you do go, you may want to steer clear of any wrapped boats. It's just common courtesy to do this.

If you can find some grass in 12 to 20 feet of water you will find fich. That is where we caught last weekend (mouth of Housen and other community holes).

Good Luck.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Go to the Indian Mounds and beat the grass for the early bite the find the actual mounds and fish a Carolina rigged BrushHog down the ridges.=Texas side

If your into sac-a-lait Id try between Turtle Beach and Shadows landing.=Louisiana side

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Yeah. I wish we were going another weekend. It's the annual Toledo Bend family reunion trip. We used to always stay at Pendleton Bridge marina. That is where the company camp was when I worked for another company. It was nice to have a free camp to go to. Use to always fish LaNann and Tennessee Bay and the Indian mounds on occasion. Is there anywheres to shoot around there? Would love to bring the AR.

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Go to the Indian Mounds and beat the grass for the early bite the find the actual mounds and fish a Carolina rigged BrushHog down the ridges.=Texas side

If your into sac-a-lait Id try between Turtle Beach and Shadows landing.=Louisiana side

Loves me some Carolina rigging! Watermelon seed lizards and baby brush hogs!

Top Bottom