Worlds greatest Zombie defense mechanism.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs

Zombies can't swim
    camping012.jpg

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006

Zombies can't swim
    camping012.jpg

As covered by Max Brooks, They'll just aimlessly walk around on the bottom of the ocean/river/water body until the brain and remaining flesh rots away. Some zombies may float due to trapped gas in the abdominal cavity but that will not last long.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    But, when the fish, sharks, and other water creatures eat them, do they in turn become come zombies? I could only imagine turning into a zombie because that damned South American fish that is attracted to urine swims up your urethra and turns you into a zombie. What a way to go.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I saw a pretty neat article a while back about a team that won a contest for best zombie survival idea. Their plan consisted of a diesel fueled tug boat on the mississippi river pushing 4 barges. One barge was living quarters, one for planting fruits and vegetables, one for storage of supplies and the final barge was for the development of bio-diesel. They had mapped out a plan that would involve going out during the day and rounding up a few zombies and putting them in the bio-matter pit on the bio diesel barge and making fuel out of the decay. I can't remember the specifics of the fuel making but I am close. Pretty good idea if you ask me.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    As covered by Max Brooks it would seem a house on stilts with a water supply running up through the supports would be a good idea. Don't have any ladders or stairs down to the ground unless you can put them in the house. Have solar panels or something that doesn't make any noise for power on the house. I don't know that this would work any better than garlic against vampires. How does one protect against imaginary monsters anyway?

Dave

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    But, when the fish, sharks, and other water creatures eat them, do they in turn become come zombies? I could only imagine turning into a zombie because that damned South American fish that is attracted to urine swims up your urethra and turns you into a zombie. What a way to go.

As Brooks described, the Solanum virus infects the brain of humans only, the reanimated corpse only pursue living humans and animals do not eat the flesh of the infected.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    that was laways my thought in these zombie apocolyps fils, why not head for an island. if anyone there is infected you can quickly dispatch them and then have the island to yourself. fish for protein and grow veggies for vitamins.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    As already stated, since zombies are already dead, they can't drown. They'll wander the bottom aimlessly. If they find your anchor line, they may climb it.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    You know, there was one film where a zombie was able to operate a Styer AUG, set fires, think, overcome obstacles.....
    The only sure defense? Move to the moon.

Or.....

0c9d63f2.jpg

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    To be safe from Zombies? I say move to Antarctica. The cold will freeze them solid. Of course just staying alive in Antarctica is a challenge from what I understand.

Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom