Gretna Gun Works

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bam1131

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    New Orleans
    Do not use Gretna Gun Works!!!

I went to get sights on my g23 installed, because I do not have a rear sight pusher tool. When I went to pick it up the first time, the front sight was crooked and not seated flush on the side. They told me that they would fix it and I could pick it up tomorrow. The guy seemed very apologetic.

When I came back the second time, the front sight was loose and still not seated correctly! How could their "gunsmith" screw up something so simple as sight installation, and let it walk out that way?!

When the same guy as the previous day handed it to his "gunsmith"(I use that term lightly)to fix it for the third time, I politely asked for my money back. The worker went ballistic. He raised his voice trying to tell me that there was value in the work done and that I shouldn't be asking for my money back. I told him there was more value in my time,the 40+ miles I had to travel one way just to get there and my front sight combined. He slammed my money back on the counter and told me "Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out." I told him that he could have handled it civilly but instead he acted like an ass. I left with my money and my gun(sight still not fixed). {He has my home address and info, I hope there is no type of retaliation}

Thankfully Jefferson Gun fixed Gretna "Crapworks" f-up, for free! They also fixed it right there on the spot. No waiting, no having to come back twice. The guys over at Jefferson Gun are great.

I've talked to a couple of gun store owners that I know from out of state and they said they would've handled it differently if it was their store. They would have corrected the mistake at no cost, and give me my money back.

I'm a very reasonable guy. I just don't believe that something that is as important as a gun, should be allowed to leave a "gunsmith" with shoddy work. I hope that the person who owns this place sees this and makes the necessary changes in his/her store. It was empty every time I have been there and this could be the reason. I wanted to support a local business that may be taking a hit from large websites, and I got burned. I won't get my time back, but I certainly got my money back, and I deserved it.

In closing, If you value your gun and accessories, STAY AWAY FROM GRETNA GUN. Not only will they screw it up multiple times, but you will get in an altercation when you want them to make it right. Save yourself the time and money.

rob52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    I have been to Gretna gun shop only once in my life. I was treated as if I didn't really belong there. I have been a lifelong collector and do the majority of my own smith work. It only takes one time to sour me on store so they will never see my business again. I went in there to spend money and ask a few questions about a gun I had purchased and left with all my cash and no questions answered. That was about 15 years ago.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just bumping up threads from 2012 huh? Lol boy how times have changed lol. If someone locally is looking for a gun shop Gretna gun would be one of the first places I’d recommend and Jefferson would be #1 on my list to avoid.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    same here.

Buh ha ha !!!

I like Gretna Gun Works. Even tho I werk at a competitor's shop.

I hope their gunsmithing works out for them, as ours is coming to an end.

Someone is going to have to pick up the slack.

I can barely put my own guns back together.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Buh ha ha !!!

I like Gretna Gun Works. Even tho I werk at a competitor's shop.

I hope their gunsmithing works out for them, as ours is coming to an end.

Someone is going to have to pick up the slack.

I can barely put my own guns back together.

What shop are you at?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've been to GGW a few times. And though I haven't bought any guns from them, they always treated me nicely, and their range is the closest one to me. Ryan and crew are different from the people that ran back when I was in college. That old crew made me feel as if I don't have an AARP card and revolver, I didn't belong. They have come a long way since. They actually have a decent selection of guns, rifle and shot guns.

Also the guys at Jefferson gun always treated me right also. Really never had any issues at any gun store within the last 10 years.

theArAkguy

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2018
    New Orleans, LA
    There’s a guy who works at ggw that is kind of a feminine Justin Bieber lookalike who creeps me out a lot. I guess he works there? It seems like he’s always there when I am.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I've window shopped there a few times because idk what I want. I'll ask a lot of questions and be not so quick to pull the trigger. They know me and still talk to me and take the time to answer my questions. They even fixed my rifle for me for like a dollar and some change... The cost of the part..didnt charge labor. I'm hoping I can figure out what I want and buy it from them.

Just last week or so I was given permission to violently attack one of the employees with a pen. Now that's customer service.

Doberman2112

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2021
    Lafayette, LA
    I inherited my papa's gun collection. I was going through the receipts he kept, every one of them was from GGS. I remember going there, when I was young and Papa and Miss Chris (if I remember her name correctly) would just talk for hours. Good memories.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom