Regions Bank

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • skwurlking

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2012
    Pineville, LA
    Why be a dick about it? You know all banks have the standard, "Remove all hats, sunglasses and hoodies" signs these days. Just take off the hat, do your business and leave. If they want to play favorites, so what? Next time just use the drive thru. I think you are making to much of this.

Apparently you did not read the portion of the thread where I stated that there were no signs posted on the premises regarding headwear or sunglasses. I think you are missing the point. If it is a rule that all patrons of the business have to abide by, that's fine, I'll follow it to the letter. When the rule is only enforced on persons they select, whether it be due to race or not, that's ********. I'm wearing the hat for a utilitarian purpose of keeping sweat off my face because I work my balls off in the heat all day, the last thing I need is some dumbass teller requesting I remove it for some arbitrary reason.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I'll just keep depositing checks with my smart phone camera. My bank makes me feel protected no matter what method due to USAA being like the mob when getting stolen money back. Your acount is fixed and then they deal with it. I'm sure they have leg breakers.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I always wear a hat and have never been asked to take it off in a bank. One of my banks- a hancock branch- has the sign on the door and I still was never asked to remove my hat.

optimapro2

Feels like home!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Harahan, LA
    I always wear a hat and have never been asked to take it off in a bank. One of my banks- a hancock branch- has the sign on the door and I still was never asked to remove my hat.

The problem with the tellers not asking or consistently enforcing the No Hats/Hoodies & Sunglass Policy is they are taking a huge chance that the customer is who they are and the check is good. If that check comes back counterfeit or stolen, that teller will face disciplinary action (i.e. write-up, suspension with loss of pay or termination) for not following the policy. So the real problem is the tellers who are not following the policy by asking their customers to remove the items.

I do know that if a *customer* (accountholder) has a medical reason or religious reason, they are exempt from the policy, but that must be verified and approved by the manager.

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I left Regions years ago, no love lost. I now use Chase and USAA. I love USAA, but I keep my Chase account for when I need to deposit large amounts of cash. I still like having a local branch, which is the ONLY thing that USAA doesn't offer. I have yet to use the check scanner for either bank, because really, who uses checks anymore?

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I left Regions years ago, no love lost. I now use Chase and USAA. I love USAA, but I keep my Chase account for when I need to deposit large amounts of cash. I still like having a local branch, which is the ONLY thing that USAA doesn't offer. I have yet to use the check scanner for either bank, because really, who uses checks anymore?
    You can deposit cash at any ATM with USAA. Just throwing that out there incase you didn't realize. Any they refund you 10 ATM charges a month I think.

marco

Family Friendly
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Sulphur LA.
    I'll just keep depositing checks with my smart phone camera. My bank makes me feel protected no matter what method due to USAA being like the mob when getting stolen money back. Your acount is fixed and then they deal with it. I'm sure they have leg breakers.
    Can anyone join?

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Tell them to stop mounting the damn cameras on the ceiling and the might get good pictures

Now this makes sense to me. Also, when we withdraw money through an ATM machine there is a very small camera that snaps a very detailed headshot from a foot away and it doesn't matter if you're sporting a hat or not. We've all seen the security film footage when a teller is robbed and the video quality from 15 feet back and 8 feet up sucks. Why isn't there the same little ATM camera at each teller taking an eye level closeup video of every transaction?

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I hate Regions for so many reasons. Had to remove my "headgear" which was a bandanna I wear under my helmet.
    I took out money from my credit union one day to go buy a toy and when I saw the check they gave me was drawn on regions (kinda weird I know, but it was a hospital employee credit union) I went to the branch in Hammond near home to cash it. The teller told me it would cost 12 bucks to cash it since I didn't have an account there. I told her the check was from an account there. She said that didn't matter and asked me if I wanted to open an account. Which is when I got loud enough for all to hear. "I would never open an account with Regions" like they were a disease, and asked for my check back. The teller shook her head and acted like she couldn't give it back and I told her I wouldn't stand for her robbing me. I had to demand my check 4 times over the course of about 5 minutes while she asked other employees about proceedure. I finally got my check, cussed everyone working there and called them a bunch of thieves.
    Check out bad regions.com if you wanna see how they operate

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Apparently, white people (such as myself) are not allowed to wear hats inside Regions Bank on North MacArthur drive in Alexandria. I was asked (told, actually) to remove my hat while making a deposit on Friday afternoon. The issue I have with this is as follows: The customer directly before me was a black fellow wearing a baseball cap, and he was helped without incident. The customer to my direct left at the next teller over was also a black gentleman, and was wearing some sort of golfer hat. All tellers were black. I was the only one asked to remove my hat. My face was clearly visible to the cameras. Nonsense, I say.

Wait...what hat, exactly, were you wearing? Just because it doesn't make sense doesn't mean it isn't a style of hat that somehow violated their policy, stupid though it may be.

That said, screw a bank. Join a credit union. I belong to several, and get FAR better service from them than I do Crapital One. I wish I had known about CU's before I went and got an account there when I was a teenager.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom