Best High School Commencement Speech Ever

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I saw this the other day , and loved it . Sadly i do not believe that the graduates will remotely take heart into anything that he just said . Most likely they probably think he was just trying to be funny without making a point of much that generation being little twits caught up in the vain little things that dont matter .

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    A friend of mine teaches at that high school and she was amazed that some of the parents didn't "get it". They were appalled that someone would have the nerve to call their child "not special". A few of the kids did get it, and that who it was meant for. I've been teaching college level for about ten years. You don't do it for the masses, it's for those 2 - 3 students in the class that want to learn and are genuinely there to better themselves. Most of the class is occupying space, spending their parents/the states money and avoiding the perils of the real world. If a student does not want to learn, no amount of effort on my part is going to motivate them to action. Fortunately, you get those few every year that amaze you with their talent, work ethic or both... those are the ones that will get it, and those kids are the reason to be here.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Great speech! He managed a tough message, used humor well to soften the blow to young egos. +1

The most amazing demonstration I had of this was when I was in college. My "group" as it were, started off about 40 strong. By the time we graduated with our degrees, 14 of us walked down the aisle. When we started off, we were told to look to the left, and look to the right, and then look at our own seats. Two of them are going to be empty by the time this is over, we were told. They were conservative. It was very chilling to think that they were right that first semester. As semesters wore on, it became a ritual near the end of the semester to see who know who would not be back. Finally those of us who graduated, made it.

...and we are still nothing special.

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I saw this the other day , and loved it . Sadly i do not believe that the graduates will remotely take heart into anything that he just said . Most likely they probably think he was just trying to be funny without making a point of much that generation being little twits caught up in the vain little things that dont matter .

I think the one's who can benefit from this speech, won't, and those who are receptive to it, already knew it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom