Mudboat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Got a 12.5ft wooden mudboat for sale. It has a 5HP briggs in it. It ran good until I robbed the coil for my 8hp and it didnt fit. Since then, I havent been able to get it started, and lost interest. Im assuming I didnt hook a wire up correctly, but like I said lost interest. Its an inboard mudboat, it has numbers, and was registered at one time. Supposedly it belonged the step-dad of teh guy I got it from. Said he lost the papers, but because its wooden, it shouldnt be hard to get registered as a homemade boat. It does NOT have a trailer, but was brought to me in a 4dr Tacoma (very short bed) it is light enough for one person to handle, but because of the size/bulk Id recomend 2. Ive never had it in the water, but was told it will do about 7-8mph with one person, and it should go through pretty much anything you would throw at it with the exception of thick green lillies (hyacinth) but if the hyacinth are too thick even a helicopter will get stuck

The boat is located in Prairieville and Im asking $150 for it

9-20-08007.jpg

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Run the numbers by the LDW&F to find the owner and have them give you a notorized bill of sale for it. Saves everyone a buttload of trouble.

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Run the numbers by the LDW&F to find the owner and have them give you a notorized bill of sale for it. Saves everyone a buttload of trouble.

Unless it's changed very recently, they will not tell you who the registered owner is. They will tell you wether or not it is registered and you can ask if it's registered to a certain name, but they will not give you the name of the registered owner.

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Unless it's changed very recently, they will not tell you who the registered owner is. They will tell you wether or not it is registered and you can ask if it's registered to a certain name, but they will not give you the name of the registered owner.

Did it recently. If the lady at the counter can't help you, go to the building in the back where the Enforcement Div is and ask one of the Secretaries there to help you. Or send an e-mail to Lt. Len Yokums orifice.
    I was given the name and last known phone number of the last known registered owner.

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    To be 100% honest, its not worth my time, or trouble. I swapped a $500 pop up blind that I didnt care for cause Ive always wanted one. Ive never put it in the water, and doubt I ever will. I can use my go-devil, and pirogue and get way more places way faster. If someone wants it, good, if not it can keep being a decoy storage facility.

Thank you for the names though. The VIP we bought this past summer wasnt registered to the owner. The trailer is in my name, but the boat registration isnt. LADWF told me I had to get another bill of sale from the registered owner (would not provide me with a name) or get the registration transferred to the sellers name, then to mine.

Oreo

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Red Stick
    BSGA give hot shot a PM.

Gonna have to pass on this, while waiting for hot shot to give me a call I did some maintenance on the truck/bay boat today which basically tapped this months cash reserve.

Look like it's all you!!! Let me know how it run.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom