Meanwhile , on another gun forum ...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The owner/moderator threatened the first guy to post a " breaking news " thread when the SCOTUS finally announces its verdict on the Obamacare issue . I can't stand the dude myself , but I have to side with him on this one . :p

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This is what he posted.

You need to assume that you're too late. Assume someone has already posted it. That assumption will almost certainly be correct.

I am not going to be the least bit tolerant of looking in on the Lounge and seeing 16 threads all on the same subject, and if such a thing happens, I'm going to hand out suspensions like they're candy.

Fair warning. Do not start a thread on this subject unless you're absolutely positive you're the first. You should assume that you are not the first.

I don't know why, but we have some members who feel they just have to be the first to post something like this, and the mad scramble to do so clutters up this forum and pisses off the admin.

Fair warning.

He can be a ass when he wants to be. But I know what he's talking about, he's trying to keep from having 30 people starting threads on the same subject, and they will do it. I've been on there for 10 yrs.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    This is what he posted.

You need to assume that you're too late. Assume someone has already posted it. That assumption will almost certainly be correct.

I am not going to be the least bit tolerant of looking in on the Lounge and seeing 16 threads all on the same subject, and if such a thing happens, I'm going to hand out suspensions like they're candy.

Fair warning. Do not start a thread on this subject unless you're absolutely positive you're the first. You should assume that you are not the first.

I don't know why, but we have some members who feel they just have to be the first to post something like this, and the mad scramble to do so clutters up this forum and pisses off the admin.

Fair warning.

He can be a ass when he wants to be. But I know what he's talking about, he's trying to keep from having 30 people starting threads on the same subject, and they will do it. I've been on there for 10 yrs.

HITMAN. This is what I was referring to. Why would he not want all the posts he can get ?

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    This is a constant struggle for most sites.

Especially sites like ours with numbers like this; Members:12,968 Active Members:2,258

This is from a forum I used to moderate... Never again... The stupidity I would have to deal with on a daily basis just isn't worth it even if it was a paid position. Never knew just how many grown men could turn into whining babies when people disagreed with them.

Members: 78,580, Active Members: 8,734

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    HITMAN. This is what I was referring to. Why would he not want all the posts he can get ?

Oh I see. Well some folks aren't all about revenue I suppose. You have to try and have a balance for longevity.

If you start a forum and let it go without rules and regs and Mods to enforce them, it'll explode quick and get major hits. But it will self destruct before long.

Here we try and allow the Off Topic Section to be a Catch All/FFA for the most part while maintaining a respectable environment for the rest of the forum.

If you want a Community to grow and strengthen you have to have mutual respect throughout. These are usually defined by basic rules and regs. I think that's the aim here. At times it's hard to see, and in fact if you live in the Off Topic sections you'd be hard-pressed to see this forum as a Shooting Forum.

Sometimes I wonder where we'd be without the Off Topic Section, but folks have to have somewhere to let it go. I enjoy the Off Topic section, but we should warn new members of its viciousness lol.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This is from a forum I used to moderate... Never again... The stupidity I would have to deal with on a daily basis just isn't worth it even if it was a paid position. Never knew just how many grown men could turn into whining babies when people disagreed with them.

Members: 78,580, Active Members: 8,734

I Mod a few other sites as well. It happens here a lot too. It happens everywhere. What can be frustrating for me is seeing what works on one site, but not being able to implement the same on another site. Also seeing how veteran members being hard headed and refusing to see any sort of CHANGE happen on the forum can keep a site in limbo for years b/c the owner doesn't want to upset them. Major Headache!

Top Bottom