Longest night ever

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    It has been hell tonight trying to help my baby girl. My heart hurts when I can't do more than rub her back.

But I've decided tonight, if she ever blows curfew and keeps me up this late, this stressed because she's having a good time.... I'll beat her. ;)

She slept all day, had a rough midnight, got sick at 2, and couldn't get comfortable twenty minutes ago. Mama, is it time for my pain pill, can you get my laptop charger, mama I can't get comfortable, mama can I have a drink of water...

She's fine. Love being able to help her. But that beloved spouse of mine, father to this handful, is snoring too peacefully. :mamoru:

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry to hear. I don't know the background here, but I hope she gets better soon. Men are usually useless when it comes to these things (sorry guys).

I can relate though. Lately I've been the friend holding her girl friend's hair back and rubbing her back after a rough night of partying. Obviously not the same, but, yeah.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Sorry to hear. I don't know the background here, but I hope she gets better soon. Men are usually useless when it comes to these things (sorry guys).

I can relate though. Lately I've been the friend holding her girl friend's hair back and rubbing her back after a rough night of partying. Obviously not the same, but, yeah.

Thanks RSC. My 14 yr old had knee surgery. It's been an all nighter. :)

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Eesh. Sounds painful. I tore my ACL a few years ago being a dummy playing frisbee and they said it was in my best interest to forego surgery. Yeah, they lied.

You have the netflix going, right?

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    It hurts so much to see one of your children hurting. I know my wife does so much more than I do. A mom is special at times like this. They know how to hold and make everything feel a little bit better.
    Cherish the moments and count your blessings. She is in my prayers.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    It hurts so much to see one of your children hurting. I know my wife does so much more than I do. A mom is special at times like this. They know how to hold and make everything feel a little bit better.
    Cherish the moments and count your blessings. She is in my prayers.

Thank you. If she can just get comfortable long enough to fall asleep, we'll be *awesome* status.

Just about time for coffee.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    That's his job; its what we do. He brings home the bacon, provides security, deals with outside problems.

YOU are Charge of Quarters, and general overall domestic (i.e., the crumb-crunchers) issues. :D

LOL. That sounds suspiciously like "quitchabitchin" :p

Little heifer. She's sleeping all day. That means up all night again. But that's okay. We're nearly halfway through the worst I hope. He said first three days would be hell.

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    I had ACL reconstruction in January. I was on crutches for all of 11 days and walking mostly without them after 6. When I took my pain meds they knocked me out and I didn't even touch them after 4 days. I still have 2/3 left if not more. My knee still gives me issues mostly a dull pain when it stays in the same position for extended periods. I hated having to ask people to get a drink for me or carry my plate to a table while on my crutches.

I am lucky enough to have a high pail tolerance and am also 26 so there is a bit of a difference. I also started physical therapy 5 days after my surgery, that helped me get back into judo as fast as I did. What procedure did she have done? I had the bone patella bone and am very happy with the results. When she starts physical therapy make sure she does her exercises twice a day, it will help her get stronger faster which is always the goal.

The day of the procedure I didn't have any pain, the anesthesiologist did a leg block so I couldn't feel my knee the rest of that day

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I had ACL reconstruction in January. I was on crutches for all of 11 days and walking mostly without them after 6. When I took my pain meds they knocked me out and I didn't even touch them after 4 days. I still have 2/3 left if not more. My knee still gives me issues mostly a dull pain when it stays in the same position for extended periods. I hated having to ask people to get a drink for me or carry my plate to a table while on my crutches.

I am lucky enough to have a high pail tolerance and am also 26 so there is a bit of a difference. I also started physical therapy 5 days after my surgery, that helped me get back into judo as fast as I did. What procedure did she have done? I had the bone patella bone and am very happy with the results. When she starts physical therapy make sure she does her exercises twice a day, it will help her get stronger faster which is always the goal.

The day of the procedure I didn't have any pain, the anesthesiologist did a leg block so I couldn't feel my knee the rest of that day

She had a nerve block. They discussed two, but eventually decided she didn't need it. Personally, after last night I would have preferred they kept her overnight until this afternoon and administered stronger medication. But who knows, it may have been the same no matter what they did, at home or in patient.

The major part is they took a graph from her hamstring and created a new ligament. They did something to the outside ligament so it can stretch. Some general exploratory to make sure the injury didn't damage underneath the patella. I think the ACL is underneath? Abi's procedure was located to the immediate inside and outside of her knee. Basically her kneecap was sliding to the outside and dislocating because the outside ligament was pulling it. They created the new ligament on the inside to give a counterbalance, anchoring it in place so it won't shift unnecessarily.

I think. I'm fuzzy. I tried to insist to Spec earlier today our breeder was calling to see if her payment for the dog we're adopting arrived. IE: She's paying us to take a show puppy. Didn't make sense to him either.

swamper

Curmudgeon in Training
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Pineville
    That's his job; its what we do. He brings home the bacon, provides security, deals with outside problems.

YOU are Charge of Quarters, and general overall domestic (i.e., the crumb-crunchers) issues. :D

You reminded me of this article I read yesterday. Cat, please don't take this in any kind of "trying to beat down your thread" intention. Hell, I'm an unmarried man with no chilrens, so my 2 cents on that would be worth absolutely nuthin'. :D

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...nt=Oped+Columnists&utm_source=SFnypostopinion

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    You reminded me of this article I read yesterday. Cat, please don't take this in any kind of "trying to beat down your thread" intention. Hell, I'm an unmarried man with no chilrens, so my 2 cents on that would be worth absolutely nuthin'. :D

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinio...nt=Oped+Columnists&utm_source=SFnypostopinion

No problem. I was pissing and moaning last night, this thread can go wherever it wants. :)

I think part of it was I expected okay, this is the way we handled babies. I did all night, you get up at 5 after having six-eight hours sleep. We both managed six hour blocks that way. It kept us going very well. Except he barely had an hour more than I had, and he wasn't moving by 5. I was seeing the light at the end of my tunnel and it wasn't coming fast enough to suit. :D

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Actually, I was trying to give Spec some moral support; he sounded pretty worried about it when we spoke the other day.

And I knew you could handle the barb... ;)

:D

Yeah. He was. He had shoulder reconstruction and remembered the pain those first two or three days. I was freaking over the surgery, he was concerned over the post-op.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom