Storm shelters/safe rooms/gun vault

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    ... maybe it's just me, but if I'm using it for a hurricane room, etc, I want an alternate / emergency exit should the main door become blocked. Maybe a hatch on the top or something? Just saying ...

Last edited:

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    The fact that they call them "safes" irritates me to no extent. 99% of what you see advertised are nothing more than a 1/16" insulated sheetmetal box with a $500 paintjob.

Think about it - should you be able to move a safe (that holds thousands of dollars of firearms) with a furniture dolly? Most TL rated safes weigh between 3000 and 3500lbs.

Don't risk your investments on a cheap illusion of security from the Bass Pro Shop...

Last edited:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    The fact that they call them "safes" irritates me to no extent. 99% of what you see advertised are nothing more than a 1/16" insulated sheetmetal box with a $500 paintjob.

Think about it - should you be able to move a safe (that holds thousands of dollars of firearms) with a furniture dolly? Most TL rated safes weigh between 3000 and 3500lbs.

Don't risk your investments on a cheap illusion of security from the Bass Pro Shop...

I had never thought about it like that before, but ^this^ makes a helluva lot of sense.

sixgundunn

Wheelgunner
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    New Orleans
    Great concept, but it better be mounted on stilts, or i-beams in flood prone areas. I knew of quite a few people with roll down shutters who didn't lose a window in Katrina, but succumbed to flood water over their roof.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    saw this in a mall display in Hattisburg yesterday. No prices on website, guess that means I cant afford it. Might be cheaper to get a shipping container and modify it.

photo.jpg

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central

Sometimes that $500 box will provide adequate security when coupled with other security measures . I challenge you to get my " cheap illusion of security " out of it's resting place , through my house , and loaded on a truck before the Sheriff shows up to ruin your day . ;)

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell

What safe do you have?

Top Bottom