"Appaloosa"-is 8 gauge double available?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Just saw the great movie "Appaloosa" and the guy carried an 8 gauge double. Do you know if it would be possible to find one of those, and where? What about ammo or a reloader?

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Not to mention that you can't use it for hunting anything in the USA, at least migratory birdwise (ducks/geese). Anything larger than a 10 gauge is prohibited.

Plus it is black powder, hand loads only. The really unsafe part is shooting a shotgun with damascus barrels.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    I red an article on the eight gauge. Seems that it is used in industry to clean cinder out of furnaces and that Winchester makes industrial shells for them and the hulls can be found at Old Western Scrounger. Also there are a few Modern 8 guage shotguns that were made in italy and imported into the us in the 70's and can still be found on the used market.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    What firearm is used to clean the hull of ships? Anyone know? I was working on the river once and I heard someone shooting and I started asking around what the hell and that is what they told, I dont recall asking what they shoot though.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Thats got to be an 8. It uses some special load that blasts off crap, but doesnt damage the steel hull.

I might have to see if we can order one at work and have it walk off and pay for it out of my own pocket so I can keep it

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    **** a 8G.

Get a 4G.:D

KS-23
    ks23-r.jpg

ks23-2.jpg

http://www.world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh30-e.htm

:)

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    What firearm is used to clean the hull of ships? Anyone know? I was working on the river once and I heard someone shooting and I started asking around what the hell and that is what they told, I dont recall asking what they shoot though.

when i bring out the cleaning crews they always had plain jane 12gs with bird shot,,,they use it to shoot the scales off the ,,,sheets of rust fall....

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    you wouldnt even want the 12gs they shoot,they look like they are about to explode in their hands,all rusted cracked stocks,,never been cleaned and have been sprayed with some form of acid more then once,,,but i will admitt those damn things keep on shooting..

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Ever seen Muslim cleaning crews?:rofl:
    I just got my TWIC card last week and I seen just as many scary terrorist looking SOBs getting their cards as Gitmo houses :shocked:

Asc.rudeboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    no mostly the cleaning crews come in 2 shades,,illegal brown or camp street black funny thing is they both have pale white formans and they carry the gun hahahaha really its been a liong time since i seen them shoot scale they use acid most of the time now

Top Bottom