Cold Steel 1917 Cutlass, SPF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Time to thin the herd a bit more. This is my lightly used Cold Steel replica of the 1917 naval cutlass. The blade is 25 inches long, the overall length is 29 & 5/8 inches; weight is 33.7 ounces. I sharpened the edge with one of the Lansky sharpener sets when I bought this years ago. This thing is WICKED sharp.

Now for the warts: there are a few light scratches on the bluing near the tip picked up from the sharpener. There is a tiny chip in one of the wood grip panels. Last, the paint on the wood grip panels has pockmarks from bubbles that formed when it was left in the sun one summer.

MSRP is $280. They're going about $155-160 shipped on Ebay. Since this one is preowned and has the above listed light wear, I'm asking $100 locally, or $110 shipped. Since I had trouble showing the fine details of the wear in pictures, I took the video below to show it as best I could. The second video is from Cold Steel, showing how tough the sword is and what happens when Lynn Thompson forgets to take his meds.

I'm in the Monroe area; I much prefer PMs here but can also be emailed at mn9130@bayou.com

BTW, the sheath is really nice leather and brass.

cutlass.jpg

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom