Ruston Gun Club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    I had asked RGC how much membership was via Facebook a while back, and was told that membership prices varied (I guess depending on who you are and who you know). Today I was in a conversation (again on Facebook) regarding the prices of membership at various ranges in NELA and stated the above. I soon received the following message from one Mitch Dufour, who apparently represents RGC:

"FYI- Ruston Gun Club has a 500, 300, 200, and 100 yard rifle range. We also enjoy a first class pistol range as well as a nice shotgunning area. We have many fine gentlemen as members. Sorry to see that you do not qualify for membership."

I just thought I'd let anyone considering joining Ruston Gun Club know the caliber of people there!

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I live in Ruston and I am currently looking for a shooting range. I've heard of one in Quitman. Do you know anything about it?

Your best bet is to just head to the OPSO range in West Monroe. It is on New Natchidoches rd just past Wells rd.

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    The Ouachita parish range is $100 a year, or free if you're a veteran or 65 or older. See here: http://www.opso.net/public-range/

The Ruston gun club will have to know how much money you have and who you know before they decide what to charge you. Seriously.

Last edited:

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    The one good thing I forgot to mention about the Ruston club is that they have a special deal for tech students. I forgot to ask if you are one.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I was trying to keep out of this one but i cant. Rgc is run by a bunch of liars and cheats who want nothing more than somewhere go.sight in a deer rifle. I has the tech membership and it was great before the april incident. I brought my receipt and previous key to the president and basically told me that he wouldnt help me. The facilities them selves are shitty. Avoid this place like the plague or spanky after eating beans.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I was trying to keep out of this one but i cant. Rgc is run by a bunch of liars and cheats who want nothing more than somewhere go.sight in a deer rifle. I has the tech membership and it was great before the april incident. I brought my receipt and previous key to the president and basically told me that he wouldnt help me. The facilities them selves are shitty. Avoid this place like the plague or spanky after eating beans.

Would you mind sharing the story behind this?

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    There was a coups in april when the previous board was voted out and revoked membership to the range.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I had asked RGC how much membership was via Facebook a while back, and was told that membership prices varied (I guess depending on who you are and who you know). Today I was in a conversation (again on Facebook) regarding the prices of membership at various ranges in NELA and stated the above. I soon received the following message from one Mitch Dufour, who apparently represents RGC:

"FYI- Ruston Gun Club has a 500, 300, 200, and 100 yard rifle range. We also enjoy a first class pistol range as well as a nice shotgunning area. We have many fine gentlemen as members. Sorry to see that you do not qualify for membership."

I just thought I'd let anyone considering joining Ruston Gun Club know the caliber of people there!

http://www.jigsaw.com/scid3731473/mitch_dufour.xhtml

Looks like he's an inspector for the city.

Cjohnson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Ruston, LA
    I wouldn't want to be around a bunch of people like that. I'd rather drive to west Monroe or quitman. I'm going to check both o them out

Mdaniel27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2020
    In oct of 2019, i had to fill out an application for membership for my family. Being an Army vet and enjoying shooting with my family, i wanted a close place for us near Ruston.

In Jan after RGC had their board meeting we were told we were approved. My family and i were excited. We called back a week or so later to see when we could get acces and pay our dues

I was told by Bill Gemini that i should not keep contacting them and that he changed HIS mind and my family and I were not a good fit for their club. How rude and insulting can RGC be? Pretty much , VERY!

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Damn. Was going to look into this place to shoot. How is the OPSO range these days? I had a bad experience there years ago... I have heard it is much better now. I would love to have a place to do some practical pistol shooting (draw from holster, rapid fire...)

Hell, I should run by the OPSO range one day after work and check it out.

IBWP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Monroe, LA
    There was a coups in april when the previous board was voted out and revoked membership to the range.
    I lived in Ruston for 5 years. They seem to practice social distancing 52 weeks out of the year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom