Hurricane Isaac

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    First, Thanks Spanky for getting BS.com back up!

So, how are ya'll making out in the storm?

We're in Metairie and still have power, etc. so far.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I think BS being down was more traumatic than the storm so far. In Mandeville we've had a little rain and some gusty wind. My 4 year old is bored and complaining because the power hasn't gone out and he can't use his flashlight.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Still have power in Laplace.

My poor little 3 year old just started throwing up a little while ago to add to the excitement. Besides that we are just hanging out.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    thats funny speedracer.

Slidell here, and power flickered way earlier in the day. Just playing online for now. Went out for a drive around 7pm, went to the pier under the twinspan and of coars it was closed. love a 2day vacation. I could use another one just like this in about a month.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Spent all day boarding up the house, doing final prep on the generator, etc. Wife retrieved some of our FOR SALE sign from those of our listings which aren't occupied. Already had boards cut and labeled from Gustav, but decided to make some improvements, which is why it took so long. House is like a fortress!

Track put the storm directly over us, and all signs pointed to Gustav-like conditions here, so we wanted to be ready. We were out of power for Gustav about 4 days.

Now, with a high-pressure system blocking the storm, it's possible that it will move westward along the coast! No matter what, we're prepared. Looks like whichever way it goes, it's gonna be a slow mover, with a LOT of rain and surge.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    My 5 year old is asleep, he is worn out from all the outside time today. VERY upset when I put his little tikes basketball goal in the shed.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    The wind is getting stronger by the minute here. There is a big tree in the front yard down. I am surprised the power is still on.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Seems Chicken Little is alive and well at The Weather Channel. Some brain dead twit there was trying to explain this afternoon that the winds accompanying this tropical storm were going to be worse than Cat 3 Katrina.:doh:

I just removed them from my channel listing.

We get more rain in an average afternoon thundershower.

meh

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    at any rate my whiskey and coke with a/c is going just fine. took a pic out at the pier today around 7pm, thats when we started to feel the wind.

542525_4409166989930_1968411894_n.jpg

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Built a little shed for the generator to be out of the weather, got the camper loaded with everything we need if the power goes out in the house....all is well at this point in time. Watching all the drama on the Liberal Weather Channel,this is hilarious, Cantore plays it up so well !!!

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Doing okay in Chalmette. We usually lose power in a small rainstorm, but while much of the rest of the parish is out, lights are still on here.

Getting pretty gusty though.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Built a little shed for the generator to be out of the weather, got the camper loaded with everything we need if the power goes out in the house....all is well at this point in time. Watching all the drama on the Liberal Weather Channel,this is hilarious, Cantore plays it up so well !!!
    they must be pissed that this is all it is.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Wind has picked up.

Heard the storm moved a bit SW last update but haven't been able to confirm. I can't stand the weather channel.

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    Still at work, since yesterday. The high water is expected tomorrow in Slidell (The usual low lying areas).

Glad you got the site up and running Spanky, I needed the distraction ( ie fix) to unwind before I sleep.

Y'all stay safe and don't disregard Isaac, he ain't Kat but he isn't done yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom