Louisiana 2nd Amendment Tax-Free Weekend

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomW

Recreational Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Prairieville, LA
    Just a reminder to all...

This weekend, September 7th, 8th, & 9th is Louisianas 2nd-Amendment Tax-Free Weekend. No State or Local taxes on guns, ammo, shooting gear, hunting supplies, etc.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    And there is a gun show in Gonzales Saturday and Sunday. Does anyone know of any local businesses that are having a sale during the tax free weekend? It seems like a good idea since there will be a lot of dollars out there to compete for.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Yeah I haven't seen any sales listed yet, just regular prices everywhere. Would be nice to get a sale price, but I think they're all relying on just tax savings this year. I might have to pass.

TomW

Recreational Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Prairieville, LA
    State-Wide, All Stores... Details are on the LA Dept. of revenue website.

I have not seen any sales either...

I thought the prices were way high on most of the stuff at the last gun show @ Lamar-Dixon...but that was right after the Colorado thing, so demand was high. But I saw a lot of used stuff at prices you could buy new stuff for.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    A word to the wise:

Last year Cabela's charged me tax on reloading stuff and LA Reloading and Heberts didn't. I eventually got my money out of them as a "special case" so they might do it this year but I would watch at checkout.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    This would make the wal-mart prices on federal 100 round packs even better. Makes it 289.70 for a case of 45, 259.70 for a case of 40, and 199.70 for a case of 9mm.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm waiting for tomorrow to pick up a gen 3 glock 17 for 400 bucks. :D

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I tried desperately to buy a Gen 3 Gillie RTF2 17 last gun show but I wouldn't budge off 500 out the door and the dealer insisted on charging 500+tax.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    Just wondering (and probably wishful thinking) but are gun safes included in that tax free weekend? :confused:

Sales clerk at Academy told me safes were not exempt this weekend. Don't know if thats state wide or just Academy.
    ALSO I called Walmart in Slidell and asked if they were participating and the person who answered didn't know. Later today I stopped in to buy ammo(needed to shoot a gun today) and the clerk didn't know either.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    Sales clerk at Academy told me safes were not exempt this weekend. Don't know if thats state wide or just Academy.
    ALSO I called Walmart in Slidell and asked if they were participating and the person who answered didn't know. Later today I stopped in to buy ammo(needed to shoot a gun today) and the clerk didn't know either.

Not exempt? From the sale or from the tax?

SamNavy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Belle Chasse, LA
    Walmart on Manhattan has a LOT of bulk 115gr FMJ 9mm 100rd white-box, about 6 boxes of .40, 8 boxes of .45, and 5 boxes of .38spl.

Computers are already programmed for no-tax.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I was kinda confused on the answer too,exempt from which one, meaning the no tax weekend applies to it or not?:dunno:

Sorry. The Academy clerk told me safes would not qualify as a tax free purchase. You'd have to pay sales tax if you buy a safe according to the one cleck..

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom