M92PV SBR Conversion...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    Me and my brother have AK's that match yours....

Had it done at a shop outside of Dallas, took 1.5 years after a bunch of miscommunication, and VERY VERY late... Also did one wrong (one was supposed to be an underfolder, ended up with 2 side folders).

JBI? He did my 74u. Great work.

Hey, at least they didn't do what my "builder" did. My guns were returned with a bent receiver, crushed FSB, and bluing removed on bolt carrier. His excuse was, "it fell".

This Yugo had over-crushed rivets that dented the receiver to the point of making the triangle stock crooked. He also sat on these guns and my $$ for almost a year.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    JBI? He did my 74u. Great work.

Hey, at least they didn't do what my "builder" did. My guns were returned with a bent receiver, crushed FSB, and bluing removed on bolt carrier. His excuse was, "it fell".

This Yugo had over-crushed rivets that dented the receiver to the point of making the triangle stock crooked. He also sat on these guns and my $$ for almost a year.

Yup, it was JBI, I forgot how long ago it was, probably 5 years now. But I was originally quoted a few months, that turned into a year, which he said he was moving his shop and things were all over the place, then 1.5 years in which words started being exchanged, then finally I think ~19-20 months the two SBR's were done. Spent more time in the shop to get the stocks put on then it did to get the darn tax stamp.... The work looks good though, and I'm happy they ended up doing to triangle side folder on accident. It costs more for that anyway.

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    His shop is about 45 minutes from me. After waiting almost 2 years for my 74u LLC receiver (had to threaten small claims) I gave him my kit to put together.

Aside from bambam, JBI has been my best experience with gun folks. It's my assessment that most of them suck at business.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    His shop is about 45 minutes from me. After waiting almost 2 years for my 74u LLC receiver (had to threaten small claims) I gave him my kit to put together.

Aside from bambam, JBI has been my best experience with gun folks. It's my assessment that most of them suck at business.

My brother lives in Frisco, that's why we got them done there. He's a member of the frisco gun club. NICE range set up, that's where I got to get my hands on some really nice rental guns (Salient glock and Wilson 1911's FOR RENT!)

alex

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jun 20, 2007
    Yep, FGC is a very nice club. I used to go there for the indoor 100yd lanes but have now switched to a place called Fossil Pointe. Too many awful customers in FGC and the staff is overwhelmed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom