Here's our chance to be heard on FOREIGN AID

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    Tired of your government putting YOU in debt so they can send money to countries who hate us?! Well, here's your chance to be heard:

Got this email from Senator Rand Paul's pac this morning. He has a bill he wants to be voted on, which will STOP sending our money to terrorist countries! (and, in reality, will stop putting us deeper in debt too)

Some republican's don't even want this bill to make it in for a vote! Why? They don't want to be on the record for voting against it :rolleyes:

So Rand asks all citizens around the nation to call their congressman/woman and just tell them that they want the bill to make it to a vote. It's not telling them HOW to vote, just asking them to VOTE.

When I called this morning, it took me 30 secs and I really felt like this was my chance to put my big boy pants on, stop whining and instead start doing something about it. Hope you do too.

Here's the info:

Sen. Mary Landrieu
    (202) 224-5824
    http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/about/contact.cfm

Sen. David Vitter
    (202) 224-4623
    http://www.vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.ContactForm

Again, this is not asking to take a political position, this is just asking your congressman to take the time of day to seriously consider this important matter and vote on it. We are just saying this issue is important to us and we need them to VOTE in OUR best interest, whatever they determine that to be. ;)

Last edited:

SHOT1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Metairie
    This is a good portion of that e-mail. Rand is Ron Paul's son, just in case someone was wondering.

Dear Marius,

There's not a lot of time to spare.

I need you to call your U.S. Senators immediately!

You see, after hearing from tens of thousands of patriots like you, Harry Reid called me last night and offered to hold a vote on my bill to cut foriegn aid.

But now, some members of my own party are attempting to sabotage the whole thing!

That's why I'm counting on your IMMEDIATE action right now. There's no time to waste!

It looks like some of my Republican colleagues are determined to continue their support for foreign aid - so much so that they are attempting to block even a vote from taking place.

What are they afraid of?

Only your pressure can turn this around and get us our vote!

So please, call your U.S. Senators THIS MORNING and demand they allow a vote on my bill.

Let me be clear. I will not back down!

Monday, I vowed to shut down the entire Senate if Harry Reid wouldn't allow a vote.

I stayed true to my word.

I'm determined to win this fight - even if it means holding up all other business.

I will not sit idly by and look the other way while our embassies are attacked and our citizens are murdered overseas.

Will you?

Last week four Americans were killed in bloody anti-American riots, which have spread to nearly 20 countries.

Our U.S. Ambassador had his lifeless body dragged through the streets to
    cheers.
    Yet your tax dollars are going to fund these countries!

You and I can still get this vote. But time is running out.

So please, call your U.S. Senators IMMEDIATELY!

Sen. Mary Landrieu
    (202) 224-5824
    http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/about/contact.cfm

Sen. David Vitter
    (202) 224-4623
    http://www.vitter.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.ContactForm

In Liberty,

Rand Paul

P.S. Thanks to hearing from tens of thousands of patriots like you, Harry Reid called me last night and relented - offering to hold a vote on my bill to stop foreign aid to Pakistan, Libya, and Egypt.

Unfortunately, now some of my Republican colleagues in the U.S. Senate are going all-out to stop my agreement with Harry Reid dead in its tracks.

But I'm not backing down - and you and I can still win this fight.

Top Bottom