Anybody got a suppressor in Livingston Parish? Is there a class 3 here to deal with?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I'm looking to get both a 9mm and a 7.62x51 suppressor before Obama says I don't need them. Wanted to try to get the paperwork off to the ATF. I'm assuming I'd have to go through Willie Graves office for the Chief LEO signature. Anybody have any experience with this? Will he sign it and is there anything in particular I need to do to work the system to ensure a signature?

Thanks

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I don't personally know of anyone from livingston with a suppressor, but if you set up an LLC, you can skip the CLEO signoff, fingerprinting, passport photo's, and go direct to sending your form 4 off to the ATF. Louisiana requires that whichever route you go, that you must register class 3 stuff with the LSP, and it must be approved before sending the paperwork off to the ATF.
    Site sponsor X-treme weapons does class 3 transfers, give Kevin a ring, very nice + knowledgeable guy.
    Which models are you looking at, and how much you looking to spend?

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I can set up an LLC fairly easily. I just finished taking my Partnership final. We had to set up a LLC as one of the assignments needed to be able to take the final.

I think I want a Gemtech Multimount so I can use on a few threaded barrel 9mm pistols. Not sure as far as the one for a rifle. I would like to have something in either 7.62x51 or 6.8 SPC. I have a Barrett REC 7 in 6.8 with the threads for the suppressor on the front site. I've heard the suppressors are 1200+ for the REC 7 and void the Barrett warranty.

There really isn't a budget. I'm not looking to break the bank, but if need be I have parts all over the place I can sell or move around to free up some cash.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Consider a .308 can for those rifle calibers. They work good (not great) down to .223
    It would be a shame to be stuck with a 1000 can and be limited to one or two calibers. JMHOP

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    If you live in Denham City Limits or Walker City Limits both chiefs are CIII friendly.. + the jail could do you prints and print them on the cards digitally.. Denham does this also for a fee.. I am not sure what it is.. 10-15 bucks..

NutriaKiller

Certified Rat Killa
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    TDH, I got Willie Graves to sign off on two form 4's with no questions asked. Call his office to setup a time to meet with him. The mornings are best. If you can get in early enough, you can make a trip to the jail (about a mile away from the municipal building) to do your prints, they will charge you $10.00 cash for as many copies as you like. MAKE sure you are at the jail before 9am , else you will have to wait till after the judge finishes the hearings.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What all does the LLC cut-out of the paperwork process? I still have my past business setup and would like to take advantage of this if possible.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Cuts out fingerprints and CLEO signoff. The negative is you'll need to maintain the LLC for as long as you own the weapon (may not be a big deal for you).

Top Bottom