Who won the Presidential debate?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grendal

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Metairie
    I loved it when Romney said that he does not just talk, that he actually has experience unlike Obama.

Last edited:

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I say Romney was successful in throwing Obama clearly off balance. That being said, I think he could have been a little more "To The Point!"

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    There was no debate. It was simply a chance to see Barry try to lie without a teleprompter. Mitt slammed him so hard it's going to be comedic to hear the liberal media try to spin this in Obama's favor.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    Does it matter? They are both damned fools and they are both lying scum. Either one winning will only lead our country deeper into the crapper, they'll just take different paths getting us there. The only argument for Romney is that his damage might be a little easier to undo in the future. I don't care, that's just not good enough. Fu*k them both and the failed system they represent.

G

gunguy11

Mr. President: you are entitled to your own airplane, you are entitled to your own home but you are not entitled to your own facts.
    That was great! Made my week so far!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    So many slams Romney could have used and passed on. The sneaky midnight passage of Obamacare. Obama skipping the security briefings. The lack of security in Egypt. I'd have also thrown in something like 'I'm surprised the seniors aren't rioting over the 700 billion cut in medicare..' just to drive it home.

Overall not bad. I'm still concerned about Romneycare and his willingness to work with demorats (they certainly didn't work with us!).

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    Romney won. But what got me the most is, and they both said it...

Free markets are great but not without government regulation. What an oxymoron! Regulation and free should not be in the same sentence.

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    Romney may have won the debate, but Obama will take the election. Its all about "the illusion of choice" folks, and Romney wasnt meant to win from the start.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Romney may have won the debate, but Obama will take the election. Its all about "the illusion of choice" folks, and Romney wasnt meant to win from the start.

He doesn't have a prayer. Name one demographic group where he has maintained or improved his '08 level of support.

Blacks: he got something like 95%, can't go up, many upper income blacks who have "skin in the game" have lost ground like everyone else.

Hispanics: vast majority are Catholic, think they like the way he's attacked the Church, "Gunwalker," they ain't happy about all the dead Mexicans.

Women: He hasn't been kind to them, either.

Young people: They STILL don't have jobs, but they still have massive student loans.

Whites: I don't think he can count on "white guilt" again. That's over, and he's got nothing else in his bag.

Bottom line: The cachet of his blackness is gone. That's over, and he's got nothing else in his bag.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

:dogkeke: You might want to run this by Chris Matthews to put his mind at ease; the "tingly feeling" wasn't running up his leg last night.....

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    He doesn't have a prayer. Name one demographic group where he has maintained or improved his '08 level of support.

Blacks: he got something like 95%, can't go up, many upper income blacks who have "skin in the game" have lost ground like everyone else.

Hispanics: vast majority are Catholic, think they like the way he's attacked the Church, "Gunwalker," they ain't happy about all the dead Mexicans.

Women: He hasn't been kind to them, either.

Young people: They STILL don't have jobs, but they still have massive student loans.

Whites: I don't think he can count on "white guilt" again. That's over, and he's got nothing else in his bag.

Bottom line: The cachet of his blackness is gone. That's over, and he's got nothing else in his bag.

You are correct on most of this, my friend!

Last night was what it looks like when the Pretender has no one(the corrupt media), running defense for him. I am certainly happy that Romeny hit hard on this first one, because the audience dropoff for the next two will be staggering.

Leonidas, these dumbass women are still giving it up for this numbskull (in the polls). I only hope they were smart enough last night to see this clown for what he really is; a person that has been propped up and protected from scrutiny.

I don't know how they all sleep at night?!?

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Leonidas, I agree with you. I'll sum why I think Romney has a shot... Most who voted for Obama will do so again. I don't hear ANY talk from those who voted for McCain saying they will now vote for Obama. In fact its the other way around.

Top Bottom