Interesting find: Petition for Louisiana to secede from the United States

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    It was tried once before. Didn't happen. (War of Northern Agression 1864) I would hope a "petition" would not get it done. It should require a vote by all the people living in the state, and every one should be informed of all the implications. I seriously doubt it would get very far. Folks can't agree on simple things, much less something as complicated as staring a new country. (See Colonists VS Great Britton, 1776) That took years of arguing and shooting before it was finally settled.

I love my country, but I fear my government. Government at its best is a necessary evil.

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    has anyone else looked at where some of these signers of the petition are from? I just glanced at the first few rows and saw OR, CA, TX...figured something like this should be signed by people from Louisiana and not everywhere else...

jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    has anyone else looked at where some of these signers of the petition are from? I just glanced at the first few rows and saw OR, CA, TX...figured something like this should be signed by people from Louisiana and not everywhere else...

LOL

They are trying to get rid of us!

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I have a feeling that the TX people signing are doing it because they want to secede, also. I doubt they really want to "get rid of us." They probably would want to join us.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    If it could be handled properly,just think of the royalties we could collect off of interstate thruways alone, not to mention the fact the oil/natural gas in the gulf and the state !!! But it will never happen !!!!

Jotuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I have a feeling that the TX people signing are doing it because they want to secede, also. I doubt they really want to "get rid of us." They probably would want to join us.

The people who would sign that, are the people I WOULDN'T want to be grouped with. Maybe the successionists can move to Guam and try to succeed there. Then they can start islandshooter and be morons there.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    If it could be handled properly,just think of the royalties we could collect off of interstate thruways alone, not to mention the fact the oil/natural gas in the gulf and the state !!! But it will never happen !!!!
    The Interstates come under Federal control to some degree . So does the Mississippi River and probably parts of the ports . Don't forget air travel too . The Feds also regulate the electrical grid as well . Louisiana has plenty of generation , and needs to be able to move it across state lines . Can you imagine how difficult it would be to resolve all of these types of issues with that bunch in Washington ?

Top Bottom