Careful what you post!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Funny how that works. Think about it like this. If you aren't working and post something inflammatory on line. Who's going to fire you?
    Nobody, it just means someone didn't need to read your Facebook to realize you're an idiot. Either way, I'm glad she's out of a job.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Funny how that works. Think about it like this. If you aren't working and post something inflammatory on line. Who's going to fire you?

Nobody, it just means someone didn't need to read your Facebook to realize you're an idiot. Either way, I'm glad she's out of a job.

What I meant was if you are on welfare and not working and post something like this against a Republican the checks keep coming. If you are working and paying taxes you get fired. She should now get on welfare, food stamps, and try for unemployment.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    What I meant was if you are on welfare and not working and post something like this against a Republican the checks keep coming. If you are working and paying taxes you get fired. She should now get on welfare, food stamps, and try for unemployment.
    I sincerely hope she doesn't get unemployment. If you're so stupid as to be dropping the N bomb on facebook, you shouldn't be surprised when someone sees it, takes offense, and you get canned.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Yet the double standard is in full play here.

All kinds of folks posted about rioting and assassinating Romney if he won.

But I haven't seen a single report where anything was done to them.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Never liked fakebook, never used it and never will!!!!!:what:

Agreed...no way do I want to tell the whole world what I'm doing and where I'm going every minute of the day....how stupid.

Now I gotta run down to Home Depot and pick up a new flex shaft for my Dremel...be back in 30 minutes.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I sincerely hope she doesn't get unemployment. If you're so stupid as to be dropping the N bomb on facebook, you shouldn't be surprised when someone sees it, takes offense, and you get canned.

Bayoupiper hit the nail on the head. The double standard. It is separating the races and creating resentment. Punish this girl and let the Black Panthers violate election laws. It is a scenario which no good can come from.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Bayoupiper hit the nail on the head. The double standard. It is separating the races and creating resentment. Punish this girl and let the Black Panthers violate election laws. It is a scenario which no good can come from.
    I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, I'm saying she should.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It's not a double standard. Her employer, as a private entity, decided to fire her based on a comment she made on Facebook. That's their right. They have no reason to care about what people that don't work there post, sorta like what CE said.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I'm not saying they shouldn't be punished, I'm saying she should.

Lets say your employer finds a post by you supporting second amendment rights. One your own time off of company property with no connection to your employer at all. As a result you are fired. Would you agree with this?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Lets say your employer finds a post by you supporting second amendment rights. One your own time off of company property with no connection to your employer at all. As a result you are fired. Would you agree with this?

Are you trying to compare that to calling the president a ni***er and hoping he gets assasinated?

You really don't see the difference?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Are you trying to compare that to calling the president a ni***er and hoping he gets assasinated?

You really don't see the difference?

It simply boils down to freedom of speech. I understand what she did was egregious. I'm not defending or agreeing with her position. I'm merely demonstrating to you how slippery that slope is when we get on it. Your support of the 2nd Amendment could be next. That is all.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    It simply boils down to freedom of speech. I understand what she did was egregious. I'm not defending or agreeing with her position. I'm merely demonstrating to you how slippery that slope is when we get on it. Your support of the 2nd Amendment could be next. That is all.

What about freedom of speech? Your employees have freedom of speech in your business?

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    What about freedom of speech? Your employees have freedom of speech in your business?

As long as they don't do it on company time, on company property, or on company letter head they are free to say what they want.

Top Bottom