American Made PSLs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Don't think anyone's mentioned them on hear yet.
    What do y'all think?
    Taken from AKfiles.
    BullBarrelPSLPhotobucketCopyIV.jpg

Picture didn't resize...

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/ajh2727/BullBarrelPSLPhotobucketCopyIV.jpg
    "
    I think this picture of the BHA54s ought to satisfy your curiosity and raise tons of questions. Just a few comments regarding the flash hider; it is removable with a 14mm left hand thread. The flash hider has been proportionally sized so it looks correct with the bull barrel, which is .822" in diameter. The SVD front sight has also been sized in the same manner, which keeps the sight post at the correct height while increasing the diameter of the surround on the barrel. We are just starting our 1st run of these so if anybody wants to pitch in and give us feedback as to what you'd like to see we're all ears.

Pursuant to my post on November 13th, these are going to come standard with:

US made scalloped receiver (NoDak Spud)
    US made bipod (Versa Pod)
    US made 5-way adjustable trigger assembly (Red Star Arms)
    US made SVD gas block, short stoke piston and push rod (BHA, Inc.)
    US made SVD composite stock and forearm (BHA, Inc.)
    US made SVD front sight and flash hider (BHA, Inc.)
    US made bull barrel 7.62 X 54r (BHA, Inc.)
    Russian made BelOMO 4-8X42 POSP scope
    Russian made Izhmash SVD 10 round mag
    Romanian made PSL 10 round mag
    Cerakote ceramic finish

These are priced at $2,500 plus shipping and insurance. "

Last edited:

Hey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    South LA
    Why get one at that price? A Saiga build or FAL is cheaper, and just as effective for the role of a DMR.

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Well for me, it's a matter of the shooter's (my) personal preference. I enjoy using these type rifles. I'm already in the process of converting a 54r VEPR to this set up.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    You could put all that stuff on a PSL for less then the 2500$ pricetag. Russian made Izhmash SVD 10 round mag and Romanian made PSL 10 round mag? Not the same

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah that's true, if you already own one that'd be the ticket because everything that's on that one except the bull barrel is for sale on their (Black Horse Arsenal) site. Also they're talking about a modified Dragunov mag that'll fit in the PSL. It's just a lot more expensive than the PSL mag.

Last edited:

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    From what I've read and seen pictures of, they take brand new SVD mags from Izmash and modify them in a couple places so that they fit, like the one in the picture above. I couldn't find the close up picture with the Dragunov mag modified to fit a PSL, but here is one modified to fit a VEPR after the VEPR's mag well was opened up for double stack mags. (Same company doing the mods etc.) Pictures keep getting cut off, but the lower right mag is the modified one to fit VEPR, top is standard SVD mag. I am currently waiting on them to finish up the parts and ship them for my VEPR conversion.

VeprSightInstall13.jpg

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Don't think anyone's mentioned them on hear yet.
    What do y'all think?
    Taken from AKfiles.
    BullBarrelPSLPhotobucketCopyIV.jpg

Picture didn't resize...

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv183/ajh2727/BullBarrelPSLPhotobucketCopyIV.jpg
    "
    I think this picture of the BHA54s ought to satisfy your curiosity and raise tons of questions. Just a few comments regarding the flash hider; it is removable with a 14mm left hand thread. The flash hider has been proportionally sized so it looks correct with the bull barrel, which is .822" in diameter. The SVD front sight has also been sized in the same manner, which keeps the sight post at the correct height while increasing the diameter of the surround on the barrel. We are just starting our 1st run of these so if anybody wants to pitch in and give us feedback as to what you'd like to see we're all ears.

Pursuant to my post on November 13th, these are going to come standard with:

US made scalloped receiver (NoDak Spud)
    US made bipod (Versa Pod)
    US made 5-way adjustable trigger assembly (Red Star Arms)
    US made SVD gas block, short stoke piston and push rod (BHA, Inc.)
    US made SVD composite stock and forearm (BHA, Inc.)
    US made SVD front sight and flash hider (BHA, Inc.)
    US made bull barrel 7.62 X 54r (BHA, Inc.)
    Russian made BelOMO 4-8X42 POSP scope
    Russian made Izhmash SVD 10 round mag
    Romanian made PSL 10 round mag
    Cerakote ceramic finish

These are priced at $2,500 plus shipping and insurance. "

Way too high priced.

You could do an almost complete build with US parts if you add in a Nodak Spud receiver and other parts.

Or go the suggested Saiga route for about $1,700.00 less.
    308001.jpg

Hey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    South LA
    Would LOVE an actual Tigr or SVD, but my money's on the VEPR or Siaga, and you can build it how you need it. Or the Fuller rifle.

EonDresari

Curio & Relic
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    BHA is in the process of reverse engineering an Izmash SVD they're rolling out the PSL's now because they don't think they'll be close to done with the Dragunivs till at least April. No idea on what the price will be yet.

Top Bottom