Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Info Menu

There is a nice range in the Belle Chasse called SLO3D Archery. It has a bunch or rinehart targets and a multi-level platform to simulate shooting from a stand. If you want to go one day send me a PM. It is $10 to bring a guest after paying my annual dues.

www.slo3darchery.com
    1382 Buccaneer Rd.
    Belle Chasse, LA 70037
    (504) 272-6055

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That looks interesting. Bit of a drive for a regular place to shoot but it might be fun to try... thanks for the offer!
    "Be water, my friend..."

User Info Menu

For me, I just shoot mine at a local pond with a big tree and pond as a backstop. If I were to miss worst case my arrow is "lost at sea" or stuck in a tree. Hadn't had any problems yet.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I go to City Park by the old golf course. Not a lot of people traveling on foot there..

User Info Menu

I've been shooting in my backyard, using the retaining wall between my house & the neighbor's as a backstop. I started shooting from different angles, going uphill today.

User Info Menu

Outdoor express on hwy 90 in Boutte has a range and I think they only charge like $5 an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

So no restrictions at all shooting a Compound bow, just find a place like a levi and the cops won't bother anyone if one rolls up ?

Marksman

User Info Menu

You can shoot at Chags on Vets in Metairie, there range is only about 20 yards though.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have been there looking but wanted some sort of a setup at home so what I have done should work until i get out more.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I've outgrown the 20 yards in my backyard so now I'm looking for 40 yards to sight in my bow, I've talked to one cop about shooting my bow on the levy thats not populated but depending on the cop he says they might call it discharging a weapon ?