I am no longer a Bass 5Pro customer !!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    Don't gun shop at BP, but I have been using their range for a while. Usually, I get good service [especially from Mr. Soloman(sp?)]. Also, the greeters are always nice, and I usually have a nice conversation with them on the way out.

I Guess I'm not losing out by not going to the gun counter.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Maybe she witnessed the rediculous leg humping that goes on whenever a woman joins and chose to not be so obvious.

That's what I'm thinking.. I'll find out but for that reason, if she's on the down low I'll keep it that way.

I know we have several women who have registered and never made a single post. But I do see their nicks logged on from time to time.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Maybe she witnessed the rediculous leg humping that goes on whenever a woman joins and chose to not be so obvious.

Seems to be 50% leg humpers and 49% white knights, from what I read. I only leave 1% so I can sit here all smugly and think I'm better than both sides.

NoGirlsOnInternet.jpg

Gunnut80

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Livingston
    I've only called Cabelas twice to check to see if a particular firearm was in stock before I made the drive there. First time I called and stated that I was looking to buy a DPMS LR-308 that day if they had one with the 24" SS fluted barrel. The guy at the gun counter told me they were too busy to look. The second time I called I stated the same thing, cash in hand, checking before making the drive. I asked if they had an HK45 not a USP or I wanted an FNP Tactical. They said "what caliber HK is the HK45?" Then "is the FNP a rifle...oh must be if it has a threaded barrel." Anyway, after explaining what the two pistols were they said that they did have an HK45 and it wasn't a USP. I made the 45min drive just to discover it was in fact a USP45.
    Another time my wife and I were at the gun counter at Cabelas with the salesman in front of us filling out some paperwork. They called #69 and the salesman (an older guy) busted out laughing, my wife and I laughed the rest of the day about that. They were alright in my book after that.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    No, the rules make no sense. I have a concealed carry permit. Here I just bought a rifle at Cabelas, but I can't actually carry it out the door. I have to follow an employee carrying a boxed up new rifle out the door for me while I legally carry a loaded pistol in my pocket..

You missed the point. Its not you with the gun they don't trust. Its you with the box. You might sneak $10 worth of fishing lures into that box with the $800 rifle and sneak out!

lukenbocktx

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    BTW -- I wonder if BP ever looks at on-line comments about their stores?

If they do they prolly not seeing any of the real comments that MATTER cause sites like these require registration to read forums and CLEARLY the staff at BP are FAR too ignorant, pompous, and lazy to go through those simple motions! HAHA! P.S. I REFUSE to shop at BP for anything other than lures for a specific trip i take once a year, and that's ONLY for the rare occasion that they have some different stuff. after several bad experiences I was treated like complete garbage by a checkout lady. She looked like my grandmother so I naturally approached her really kindly, only to find out that the only obvious reason she was still breathing was so she could be a cranky old bird to ME. I've spent $1000's at Cabellas and Academy since.... BP sucks just as bad as the other BP!

MICLIC

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Has anyone been treated rudely at Bowie Outfitters? I went by last week to purchase some ammo, I was limited to two boxes. I asked ( very politely ) if I could pay for the 3rd & last box that they had and if I could pick it up the next day and the old man behind the counter loudly and rudely said " NO ! " and walked off. So I went to Dick's the same day and they sold me as many boxes of ammo as I wanted. No limit. I will not be going back B O.

Top Bottom