SWM interested in SWF and Guns (both suppressed)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Houma, Louisiana
    Ok not really. I am married and currently reside near Houma, LA. There is likely more of a need for me to be silenced rather than suppressed (just ask my lovely wife). I was looking into purchasing a suppressor - quickly led to researching NFA Trust - quickly led to looking for Class III dealers - when I stumbled on bayoushooter. While I own several guns I know very little other than what I have picked up hunting with friends and family. I would not be classified as a refined shooter.

I currently own the following:
    .325 WSM, BAR Lightweight, Leupold VX-3
    .300 Rem Ultra Mag, 700 Sendero SF, old Steiner Predator scope
    .35 Rem, 336RC, old Redfield
    .223, Bushmaster M4-A2, EOTech 552
    .223, Bushmaster M17s, cheap holo
    .22 mag, Taurus Model 72
    .22LR, Marlin 25N, 8 point

12 ga Rem 870 sp
    16 ga Rem 1100 Classic Field
    28 ga Franchi 48 AL
    410 ga Rem 1148

.40 Hi-Point
    9mm High Point
    .22 S&W model 41
    .22LR Taurus 94 REVOLVER SS
    .22LR Taurus 992 REVOLVER SS

I am waiting on the arrival of a .22 Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk Air Rifle and Crosman Raven to play around with the nieces and nephews (at least that is how I justified ordering them to myself).

I can't get enough Federal 510 .22 LR ammo. The stuff is as accurate as I am and has worked wonders for me over the years on coons and squirrels. I still find it at times at Wal-Mart and Academy for $1.90/50.

I would consider trading the Bushmaster M17, S&W Model 41, and Taurus 992.

My search is still underway. I have decided that I want to purchase a bolt action 300 Blackout and have a suppressor attached. Since I have no clue about suppressors other than online reading and viewing I am looking for more information. In addition to suppressing the sound eliminating, muzzle flash is extremely important as I would like to use the weapon on feral hogs, nutria, and beaver at night and wouldn't want the flash to affect the night vision and thermal equipment (still saving for this gear). In addition to using the suppressor on the 300 blk I would like to also be able to use it on a supersonic .308 bolt gun.

Besides completing the NFA process and the 2 guns above I am interested in learning about the following:
    rifle cartridge reloading
    custom gun work and tuning
    suppressors types, functions, longevity
    thermal and night vision scopes
    bulk .223 ammo
    rifle and pistol marksmanship

I look forward to meeting folks, receiving advice/direction, and gaining more real world knowledge. I travel between Houma, Lafayette, and Alexandria regularly and venture to Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Slidell on a less frequent basis. Please let me know of places I should visit when in town.

As I am new to this forum and forums in general I figured that it was safe to post here and will be lurking in the background :peep: :help:

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Welcome to bayoushooter. Contact member landry308. Shootingsupplies. He is from Houma and a site sponsor, great to deal with for your suppressor needs. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with on your quest to be silenced.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom