Your thoughts on gun clubs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Isaac-1

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    DeRidder LA
    I am debating joining a gun club, mostly for the chance to be around other shooters, get to know people, etc. not so much for the range access as I have access to a few hundred acres of family land where I can shoot anytime I want without having to worry about idiots around, etc. I just don't know if the cost of membership is worth it (there are a handful of clubs within about 50-80 miles of where I live, so I am not asking about any particular one), it seems membership dues, etc. run between $100-$250 per year with variations on family , individual membership, guests allowed, etc. Any thoughts or words of advice?

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Would seem to me like would be fun. Someday when I retire and have my own life again I plan to join couple clubs and do competition shooting too..lol

captain-03

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2009
    Central Mississippi
    Being retired, my Club has become my social outlet. There 3 to 5 time weekly and have made some really good friends!!

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I belonged to a gun club in Kentucky and it was fantastic. Free food at monthly meetings, a place to camp, every kind of range imaginable and steep discounts on events held there. For example, $2.00 for a round of trap/skeet or $5.00 match fees for IDPA/USPSA. They even had a dedicated black powder range where I basically taught myself how to shoot. Club members could hunt, fish, camp and 4-wheel on the land too. They had a juniors division too which put on outdoor type events for kids as well as a dedicated air gun range.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I belonged to a gun club in Kentucky and it was fantastic. Free food at monthly meetings, a place to camp, every kind of range imaginable and steep discounts on events held there. For example, $2.00 for a round of trap/skeet or $5.00 match fees for IDPA/USPSA. They even had a dedicated black powder range where I basically taught myself how to shoot. Club members could hunt, fish, camp and 4-wheel on the land too. They had a juniors division too which put on outdoor type events for kids as well as a dedicated air gun range.

You find that in louisiana shoot me a pm.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    A gun club like any other club is only as good as its membership. But in todays climate 1-2 people cannot build a range on their own unless they are multi millionaires. The need for numbers is necessary.

But on the whole a gun club affords the opportunity to meet new people learn new tricks to the sport and have meaningful competition.

If you join a club be active. Don't be one of those that shows up for the match or free feed. Help run things, build things, and do your part to help out. Most excuses are I don't have the time. If you don't why join? If you really don't have the time donate what time you have. Do a target repair workday. Anything that keeps the place going.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    A gun club like any other club is only as good as its membership. But in todays climate 1-2 people cannot build a range on their own unless they are multi millionaires. The need for numbers is necessary.

But on the whole a gun club affords the opportunity to meet new people learn new tricks to the sport and have meaningful competition.

If you join a club be active. Don't be one of those that shows up for the match or free feed. Help run things, build things, and do your part to help out. Most excuses are I don't have the time. If you don't why join? If you really don't have the time donate what time you have. Do a target repair workday. Anything that keeps the place going.

at my camp in alabama I was the guy that was "always" there. There's always somethin to do (and enjoy) if you're truly an outdoorsman.

still looking for one in louisiana. the execs at my company have one but I go out there to get AWAY from work, so no go.

Max33

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2014
    Thibodaux Louisiana
    Why doesn't any shooting ranges in Louisiana have any three gun competitions? The sport obviously is gaining popularity, does anyone else here want to start competing?

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Any Baton Rouge area gun clubs? I would be interested in joining one with for some range time and to meet with some like-minded people. Thanks in advanced!

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    I am debating joining a gun club, mostly for the chance to be around other shooters, get to know people, etc. not so much for the range access as I have access to a few hundred acres of family land where I can shoot anytime I want without having to worry about idiots around, etc. I just don't know if the cost of membership is worth it (there are a handful of clubs within about 50-80 miles of where I live, so I am not asking about any particular one), it seems membership dues, etc. run between $100-$250 per year with variations on family , individual membership, guests allowed, etc. Any thoughts or words of advice?

I joined a club in Amite la so I could shoot some matches. Couldn't find a club in the Lafayette area that held regular matches. Its all for fun, no big entry fee's or prizes. Money well spent.

Top Bottom