2 dead in Oregon mall shooting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    There are various reports claiming the shooter was armed with an AR....

This story was a jolt- my niece and her family just moved up there in July. She's an RN at one of the local hospitals in Portland.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I'm getting very tired of this same scenario over and over. Sick ****s shooting up innocent people for a sense of power. Probably because they never got picked first at recess football and their teachers didn't give them enough gold stars to make them feel important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    I can't wait to hear Piers Morgan's take on the situation :rolleyes:

Seriously though, condolences to the victims. Too bad it'll be lost amongst all the finger pointing.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I was listening to the coverage yesterday while I was getting a MRI done, kinda made it difficult to be completely still.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This^ is yet another reason I do not pass judgment on the; "Concealed is Concealed" crowd.

Yep, me neither. Stupid restrictions have never in the history of mankind stopped a madman's bullet.

Just as a footnote, Oregon is one of "those" state that do not honor CHP permits from Louisiana.

Idiots. :madfawk:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Oregonian friend of mine says that Oregon has State preemption of 'gun free zones' and signs carry no weight of law, and just like in Louisiana, you cannot get in trouble for carrying into a business establishment unless you refuse to leave, if asked to, at which point the charge is trespassing.

He also added that the same preemption forbids cities from enforcing any legislation against carrying weapons. Some cities have done so, but they are illegal per State law and unenforceable.

CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    The mall was a gun free zone and specifically forbid CCW folks.

I assumed the same thing. I could not verify it. Do you have any documentation that is was a "gun free zone and specifically forbid CCW folks"? It would be beneficial to have access to the documentation.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Which would be his rifle jamming?

Nah, maybe the better wording would be at the first sign of 'Resistance then Failure'/

If they have another gun they'll just drop the jammed one and yank the other depending on a lot of other things too. If they face resistance from an armed individual, they're not likely to shoot it out unless they feel they have the extreme upper hand.

Either way the high majority of these shooters don't want to be famous and read about it. Their goal is to NOT be caught/cuffed. Surviving the spree is not the desire. Death and Destruction with '0' accountability is the desire.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom