Sandy Hook School shooting thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JamesBlake

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Wow.....that's some scary stuff, I know someone who could be a drop in for Adam

We shall watch closely

JamesBlake

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    There are a lot of people who fit Adams profile, mental trouble to be sure but not acting out like he did. I see so much these days about "call in if you see someone acting strange". Are the people asking this not living in the United States ?

We'd need a strange nut 911 with a lot of operators...of course the operators would be JOB'S credited to the Czar Administration.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    What I wanna know is how you have A) someone you're trying to commit, B) firearms in your home, and C) obviously no solid way of keeping A and B from getting together for some lunacy...

Someone posted an article on FB yesterday that was written by the mother of a kid somewhat like this particular scum bag. Said writer/mother had gone so far as to keep all of the knives and sharp objects from the house in a container, which she took with her upon leaving the house and kept on lockdown while she was home. I hesitate to commend her on the thought process... as it should be COMMON FREAKIN' SENSE.

JamesBlake

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Yesterday Dr. Phil had people on his show who's son had shot up a school.

The mother was telling a man to get rid of his gun collection, get all guns out.

I'm wondering then, how does the guy defend himself, the wife and maybe other kids from a home invasion ?? I suppose he could have everyone in a 500 mi radius be psycho-analysed ??

So he wouldn't need guns .

Progressive doesn't often make sense.

Sorry for using Doc Phil...but he had the stupidest argument I could find on short notice.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    ^ I think the point is that the odds of a home invasion are significantly less than the odds of a co-resident with mental deficiencies doing something improper with an available firearm. I wouldn't advise to get rid of guns but I'd suggest keeping them under lock & key.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    Some accountability is required when living with, or raising, someone with mental issues and violent tendencies. Personal protection is important, but this isn't limited to home invasions. You also have to consider the circumstance of the mentally ill person retrieving your weapons and committing violence.
    It sucks. Unfortunately, you either have to except the burden of inconvenience concerning your weapons, or forgo the burden of raising a mentally ill child. Life isn't fair, and you can't have it both ways.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Whatever you might think about the situation, I am thankful for all of the free training being offered to teachers by some top notch trainers all over the state and country. Perfect solution? No. Will it make someone think twice about entering a school and shooting it up looking for a soft target thinking a teacher may be armed and trained even though they are not allowed? IMO, most definitely. I have seen some very generous offers for more than just CHP classes, full weekend defensive training courses that would normally cost hundreds of dollars just for a spot are being offered up.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I agree with Onestory.

Let's face it- IF God Forbid you are ever in a really bad scenario (I.E. home invasion, etc.) at home, those who are bringing said situation to you won't be offering any time-outs to access a weapon. You won't find a closer, easy to access from anywhere hiding place than carrying on your person.

Maybe our politicians could push legislation requiring home invaders to issue a 1 hour pre-strike notification before showing up. Why not? That will be just as effective at deterring crime as any proposed AWB....:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom