Stripped Lowers group buy - Confirmed with Vendor that delivery is in 6 weeks!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It goes like this.
    Norbit Skanska, Aka cajunzx6, put together a group buy for some lower receivers. I had nothing to do with the procurement or shipping of the lowers. I was going to do the transfers from the FFL that he was using in North Louisiana. After all of the $ had been taken up ( by Norbit Skanska) and the order placed, I was informed by him that there was a problem with the FFL dealer in NLA. He told me that the manufacturer (DSA) said that they would not ship to his FFL dealer because " their FFL was going to expired before the lowers would be shipped. He asked me if I'd take the shipment of lowers. I agreed to take the shipment. ( I figured that since most of the people that bought them were in the south part of the state it would be fine) This was two weeks before the lowers were to be delivered. I was informed by him that only half of the order was ready and was given the tracking details. ( came to find out later that it was only half of the order because he only paid for half) I took receipt for half of them and did a random number generator for the recipients. After doing the transfers and all associated paperwork we were just waiting to hear back from Norbit Skanska as to when the rest of the lowers would be delivered. Communication fell off and soon enough people started to question his credibility. I decided to check with the Manufacturer, and was informed by them that they would "only speak with the owner of All American Gunsmithing". I explained to them that I was the owner and that I needed to understand what they were talking about. They informed me that Norbit Skanska had told them that he was the owner and that I'd have to fax proof of ownership to them. After faxing them proof I was able to get the whole story and the documents as to the goings on between them( DSA) and Mr. Skanska. After receiving all of the info I started to understand that we weren't going to see the rest of the lowers. I got with the management of the site BayouShooter and explained to them what was going on and that I'd like to request him banned so he couldn't erase the thread of any of his comments ( incase I could use it for evidence ) and gathered up all of the pertinent documents to go to the District Attorney. After a bunch of making phone calls and a couple of meetings with the DA in Baton Rouge I was advised to try and see if I could get him to pay because it would be easier than going thru the Judicial system to receive restitution. Also that I'd have to bring it to the attention of the DA in his area because it would be in his/her jurisdiction. So with the information in hand I decided to go to Norbit Skanska. I called and emailed him as a mediator of sorts. I explained to him what charges would be brought up against him and that there was a deadline of two weeks for him to make payment to all of the members that were stolen from. He agreed to make payment and agreed to the time limit terms. Two weeks came and went, and I made a couple of trips to see the police authorities in his area, while talking with Norbit Skanska almost on a daily basis. I got word from him that he had acquired the funds and that he would mail them to me. I didn't like the idea of being caught in the middle of this whole thing ( I was only willing to do the transfers from the beginning and didn't want the responsibility for this deal from the start), but I agreed to receive the funds thru my company. When I received the cashiers check I opened it to find out that it was for less than we had agreed on. I then spoke with all of those that were affected and everyone decided that 80% of their money was better than 0%. So I divided up the payment between all of the parties involved and made payment thru PayPal, company check, or cash (what ever the preferred method was). I informed Norbit Skanska of the deficiency of the funds and he assured me that he would come up with the rest of the funds. He was $ short, which a good bit of was still owed to me. Soon he fell out of contact, and by that I mean stopped taking calls (changed phone number) and stopped responding to emails. I called the authorities in his area to press charges and was told that I needed to show up in person to do so. I drove back up there and presented my case to the PD and gave them copies of the documents that I had and explained what I wanted done. I was told by the CO that everyone involved would have to file separate and that it would only be for $20 each, with the exception of me and that it would probably be seen by the Courts like he made a settlement with all parties involved and that they wouldn't prosecute for Dutch a small amount. I decided that everyone that was involved got, at least, part of what was stolen from them. I got an expensive lesson in internet commerce and that I won't be part of something that I didn't put together ever again. Even if it is the part with no responsibility for other peoples money. I logged over 200 hours, several trips to North Louisiana, meetings with officials in Baton Rouge, and a couple of sleepless nights over this dirt bag stealing our money to try and keep my name clean. I have still not heard from Norbit Skanska nor do I ever expect to hear from him. I do know, however, that he filed for bankruptcy and that he lost his job (by anonymous reports of fraud that came from several informants and the possibility of criminal actions by him while at work) and that his wife left him (not sure of the reason for this one) and there is a child support judgment against him that has been unpaid to date and that he's had a couple of tickets in the past year, one in Memphis TN, and another in Shreveport. I have a picture of him from the DMV database and I expect to explain to him my displeasure in his actions if I ever do meet him.

This is the whole thing in a nutshell. I decided to keep it short as there are some details that are irrelevant to the subject that come to mind.
    I am truly sorry for all of those involved in this whole thing and I wish that the outcome would have been better.

Last edited:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Show us the pic.... So we will know him if we ever have the pleasure of doing business with him.

There may be some legal ramifications to that action, so I'll hang on to it for now. Now if you were to come by the shop one day and see the pic hanging up in the "do not do business with" section, ( there's only one pic there) then that would be a different thing.

olivs260

Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Jake, I think it was pretty awesome of you to take charge of a bad situation and see to it that everyone got most of what they lost back, even though it ended up costing you a significant amount of time and money. Thank you, sir.

madwabbit

Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If you were to advertise some item for sale, I'd be curious to survey the background of that photo carefully

cough.

Hitman

® ™
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Jake ever since you've become a member here, and Sponsor,
    I have seen you go OUT OF YOUR WAY(WAY OUT) to help people/customers.

Way beyond the normal call of duty as a Small Business Owner.

I hope members here take note and SPREAD THE WORD about your reputation as an individual
    and as a business owner.

Thanks for your hard work and integrity!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There may be some legal ramifications to that action, so I'll hang on to it for now. Now if you were to come by the shop one day and see the pic hanging up in the "do not do business with" section, ( there's only one pic there) then that would be a different thing.

Didn't you find that picture on Google Image? That would mean it was already posted some where on the net. ;)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom