FBI Study on Handgun Ammunition.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    All joking aside, I wish the FBI would give a report on the calibers .38 and .380. Snubbie revolvers aren't dead yet and with the recent surge of .380 pistols a comprehensive report on the performance of those calibers would be very informative.

JR1572

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    We have completely run out of firearms related topics to talk about.

I'm beginning to see the future of firearms forums and it doesn't look good.

JR1572

Excellent Point....and if thought about seriously, explains a lot about this forum.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    All joking aside, I wish the FBI would give a report on the calibers .38 and .380. Snubbie revolvers aren't dead yet and with the recent surge of .380 pistols a comprehensive report on the performance of those calibers would be very informative.

JR1572

Yeah, I would love to see the tests on that! I'm not comfortable with my LCP but its better than nothing. OR IS IT?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Yeah, I would love to see the tests on that! I'm not comfortable with my LCP but its better than nothing. OR IS IT?

According to the dentist, he is anti .380 and recommends people carry ball ammo for penetration because all of the JHP's he has tested didn't perform up to his standards in penetration testing.

JR1572

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Remember, it's the Internet. Not real life. You're anywhere from 50%-75% more tactical when you're logged on.

JR1572

1911 is better then. I never miss my stationary #5 silhouette at exactly 10 yards with it. Translating this from english to internet, I could watch a few instructor zero videos then conquer a small country.

Is that how you internet?

- - - Updated - - -

Every once in a while I drop mad knowledge up in here.

JR1572

lmfao! that is sig worthy. you're in rare form today

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    According to the dentist, he is anti .380 and recommends people carry ball ammo for penetration because all of the JHP's he has tested didn't perform up to his standards in penetration testing.

JR1572

I heard this from a number of other sources too! I just don't have the actual data to go by. Currently I am carrying 80gr DPX by Corbon. Anyone have any data on this round as far as "STOPPING POWER"? (sorry, I could not resist)

Seriously though. Anyone?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I don't know about any of you, but I bought 5 of those $5.00 "511 Tactiacal" T-shrits from the SlickGuns ad the other day! It has already changed my life.

freedive10

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I don't know about any of you, but I bought 5 of those $5.00 "511 Tactiacal" T-shrits from the SlickGuns ad the other day! It has already changed my life.

STAY TACTICAL MY FRIEND!

m2b1ocejbvux9r4hwpj0.jpg

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    1911 is better then. I never miss my stationary #5 silhouette at exactly 10 yards with it. Translating this from english to internet, I could watch a few instructor zero videos then conquer a small country.

Is that how you internet?

Yes.

Watch this:

Me and another member went to a secluded, private range Sunday morning. I shot 30 rounds of carry ammo out of my 442 at 25 yards. I managed to keep 26 rounds on paper and about 18 of them inside of the 2 point circle of the POST target. I then fired 150 rounds (100 Tula steel case and 50 monarch brass) through my 42 at or about 7 yards. The brass case ammo functioned fine. The steel case ammo gave me problems because I had FTE. Each casing was inspected after the FTE and all of them were split. Looks like an ammo issue to me. The 42 is one of the very first batches produced.

You see Wabbit, I just posted the truth that can be verified by the person there with me on the range. It isn't really fancy and glamorous. It just is what it is.

Oh, I finally sighted in my T1. It took me 5 rounds at 50 yards to be locked in. Boring isn't it?

JR1572

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I carry 40 because that's what they give me. If we go to 9 that's fine too. In the end only hits count and we need to do whatever we can on all levels to make that happen when it matters.

So I guess the FBI is going to 9mm?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I heard this from a number of other sources too! I just don't have the actual data to go by. Currently I am carrying 80gr DPX by Corbon. Anyone have any data on this round as far as "STOPPING POWER"? (sorry, I could not resist)

Seriously though. Anyone?

I have friends that work for a federal agency and they recommend Winchester ranger .380. Another agency recommends Speer gold dot. I will carry either one as soon as I can verify my 42 will eat it reliably.

JR1572

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Yes.

Watch this:

Me and another member went to a secluded, private range Sunday morning. I shot 30 rounds of carry ammo out of my 442 at 25 yards. I managed to keep 26 rounds on paper and about 18 of them inside of the 2 point circle of the POST target. I then fired 150 rounds (100 Tula steel case and 50 monarch brass) through my 42 at or about 7 yards. The brass case ammo functioned fine. The steel case ammo gave me problems because I had FTE. Each casing was inspected after the FTE and all of them were split. Looks like an ammo issue to me. The 42 is one of the very first batches produced.

You see Wabbit, I just posted the truth that can be verified by the person there with me on the range. It isn't really fancy and glamorous. It just is what it is.

Oh, I finally sighted in my T1. It took me 5 rounds at 50 yards to be locked in. Boring isn't it?

JR1572

Sounds like real life :(

I like the internet stories better. like about how the serial rapist stops in his tracks just from the sight of a .45, or how the first round caused such catastrophic damage that they had to use dental records. ooh, and ones with the term "knockdown power" . Those are always fun.

Top Bottom