Is Jerry V gone from WRNO???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    i didnt take as you were being a smart ass, id rather people just not know what agency on an open information public forum. Austin know what agency i work for as he PM'ed me about it a few days ago.

I just threw the LEO out there in a few posts to ad validity to my statements. Im not a be all know all expert in every area, but some knowledge i do have on certain subjects, or certain incidents happening around the state or country.

That's the thing. People on this site don't realize that the customs police officer that checks banana crates at the port and court security guards employed by the marshals service are all federal Leo's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    i didnt take as you were being a smart ass, id rather people just not know what agency on an open information public forum. Austin know what agency i work for as he PM'ed me about it a few days ago.

I just threw the LEO out there in a few posts to ad validity to my statements. Im not a be all know all expert in every area, but some knowledge i do have on certain subjects, or certain incidents happening around the state or country.

Roger that.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    That's the thing. People on this site don't realize that the customs police officer that checks banana crates at the port and court security guards employed by the marshals service are all federal Leo's.

yeah CPB officers are Federal LEO's , although their jobs are more in line with "customs" issues then doing law enforcement. and Court Security officers are deputized security guards. all CSO's are generally retired State or local police officers. DHS security guards have no LEO authority. and are much like TSA screeners, accept DHS guards have guns, and better training.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I think the programming director at WRNO is smoking crack.
    His listeners didn't leave in the morning to listen to WnJ. They left because Gerry V is an assclown, and WnJ was the only alternative in the area.

Looks like we're stuck with WnJ now, unless to you go Xm or other paid radio.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Yeah heard it this morning. The gay brah irritates me. I'd prefer johnboy and Billy if they are still around

It's two guys. Walton is always himself. Johnson does himself for the first 15-30 minutes and then starts with the fictional characters.
    Billy Ed Hatfield, Mr Ken (the gay dude), then Mr O (the black dude). It gets interesting when he has conversations with all three at the same time.

Johnboy and Billy were airing in the Jackson-Vicksburg area when I was up there, around 6 years ago. I'd imagine they are still on up there. Great syndicated show there.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    It's two guys. Walton is always himself. Johnson does himself for the first 15-30 minutes and then starts with the fictional characters.
    Billy Ed Hatfield, Mr Ken (the gay dude), then Mr O (the black dude). It gets interesting when he has conversations with all three at the same time.

Johnboy and Billy were airing in the Jackson-Vicksburg area when I was up there, around 6 years ago. I'd imagine they are still on up there. Great syndicated show there.

I thought it was some voice actors, gaybrah is good, that's for sure.
    I remember johnboy and Billy from 20 plus years ago. Good laughs

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    Great news. W&J went downhill fast when they moved from NOLA to Houston. Glad there's another option.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    To my knowledge they were always in Houston and had a large market in the NOLA area outside Houston and expanded from there..

Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    To my knowledge they were always in Houston and had a large market in the NOLA area outside Houston and expanded from there..

I forget how long ago it was but they did broadcast from NOLA. Back then they ran a true morning show that seemed more light-hearted. Or at least that's how I remember it...

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I forget how long ago it was but they did broadcast from NOLA. Back then they ran a true morning show that seemed more light-hearted. Or at least that's how I remember it...

Yeah, back when they were on B97 in the mid-late 80's, early 90's.

They've bounced back and forth from Houston to NO. They started in Houston, came here, went back several years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent!

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Find the person who thought a liberal talk show host from NYC talking down to people in Louisiana would be embraced, and fire him/her. :rolleyes:

Most people probably tuned in just to get their blood boiling in the morning before facing the day, and then turned him off.:dogkeke:

Surfmonkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Counldn't stand Jerry V....first time I tuned in (and last time) a few years ago I asked myself, "Who is this JackAss"? Flipped it off and never went back...If I want music, I tune into a music station..If I want talk, I tune into a talk station....Just don't want an idiot on talk like Jerry V...didn't he fail on one of the NOLA TV stations a few years ago?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Condon is taking over the morning slot on 98.1 FM in BR......Buckle up!!!! :rofl:

Is that the same condon that blasted a BRPD officer for arresting one of his sponsors? If so I'll pass on that one.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Find the person who thought a liberal talk show host from NYC talking down to people in Louisiana would be embraced, and fire him/her. :rolleyes:

Most people probably tuned in just to get their blood boiling in the morning before facing the day, and then turned him off.:dogkeke:

But why listen to his sorry excuse for a show? I just drink coffee to wake up..

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Is that the same condon that blasted a BRPD officer for arresting one of his sponsors? If so I'll pass on that one.

Hmm....Not sure. Could be, though- that dude is literally ALL OVER THE BOARD. Mostly an act, though.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I can't stand Richard Condon . I don't see how anybody could think that his "talent" is worthy of a paycheck .Just my opinion . He can leave town on the same bus with Jerry V.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom